Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Alignment issue 2022 TRD Pro? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/306842-alignment-issue-2022-trd-pro.html)

VBRover 08-16-2022 08:07 PM

Alignment issue 2022 TRD Pro?

2022 TRD Pro w/300 miles pulls to the right.
With the understanding the crown of the road can contribute to this I thought I would bring it to Toyota to see if they could do an alignment to help address the issue, four hours later the service advisor gives me a loner and explains they need to keep the truck. They have rotated the tires, checked suspension components, and did an alignment without success, their next step is to consult a Toyota tech on the issue.
I'm impressed with Service Dept's persistence to solve the issue but wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this.

Thanks

chompster4runner 08-16-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VBRover (Post 3753711)
With the understanding the crown of the road can contribute to this I thought I would bring it to Toyota to see if they could do an alignment to help address the issue, four hours later the service advisor gives me a loner and explains they need to keep the truck. They have rotated the tires, checked suspension components, and did an alignment without success, their next step is to consult a Toyota tech on the issue.
I'm impressed with Service Dept's persistence to solve the issue but wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this.

Thanks

I don’t have a pull but more of a crab walk in the rear on my stock 22 ORP. Old lifted 4th gen never had that issue.

Enikad 08-16-2022 08:48 PM

I’m with you. I lifted my ‘22 pro just an inch and it’s pulling slightly right. When I was at the lift with the tech everything was aligned so I may need to do some slight camber to offset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VBRover 08-16-2022 09:06 PM

I'm just surprised an alignment didn't fix the issue, hopefully I'll be able to post the outcome in a day or two.

Jeremy556 08-16-2022 09:20 PM

Please obtain and post the alignment numbers.

Predatorsniper2005 08-17-2022 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VBRover (Post 3753711)

Thanks

So my alignment shop said that all cars will naturally pull to the right some due to how roads are designed, but if you have a noticeable pull, then you have an issue. I had an issue with my new 22 TRD ORP. Toyota attempted to align it 3 times! I then took it to an alignment specialty shop. The print out from Toyota and the print out from the alignment shop did not line up. Its like the 2 different machines where on the wrong page. The alignment shop lined up my ORP perfectly, drives like a dream. Come to find out, I contacted my Toyota dealership to complain and ask them to pay for my alignment bill, they discovered that their alignment machine was off and needed re-calibrated. Since I passed on that info, they fixed the machine and gave me a service credit for the cost of my alignment.

Good Luck,
Mike

VBRover 08-17-2022 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy556 (Post 3753731)
Please obtain and post the alignment numbers.

Picked it up today and seems to drive much better, they explained to me the TRD Pro required different specs due to the suspension?
Attached are the alignment specs, do these numbers seem acceptable? a little surprised the tech had to consult the "Toyota hot line" for an alignment job, maybe the slight lift makes it an issue.

CavPro 08-17-2022 04:06 PM

I have an '18 trdp I bought new. Steering wheel is shifted to left, and it pulls slightly to right. I thought I was getting uneven wear on tires but now that I have 40k on the original tires the wear now appears very even with a very slight wear on inside edge. I will be getting new tires in the next month or two, along with a non-toyota alignment. IMO only, I think my trdp left japan with a good alignment, but when it arrived at port and everything was installed there, is where the problem possibly originated.

osugsxr 08-18-2022 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enikad (Post 3753722)
I’m with you. I lifted my ‘22 pro just an inch and it’s pulling slightly right. When I was at the lift with the tech everything was aligned so I may need to do some slight camber to offset.

During the fire sale of the trd pro suspension years ago I had tire discounters install plus an alignment. :playball: well it was off still. I ended up going back a few times and just ended up with a refund. It veered toward the right and I grew us to it. Once I had new tires installed took it to a local shop and they did the alignment. It was off again, took it back the next day and they adjust the camber. It rides better than it has since I've had the suv

matoolie 08-19-2022 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VBRover (Post 3753827)
Picked it up today and seems to drive much better, they explained to me the TRD Pro required different specs due to the suspension?
Attached are the alignment specs, do these numbers seem acceptable? a little surprised the tech had to consult the "Toyota hot line" for an alignment job, maybe the slight lift makes it an issue.

It is surprising ALL the original numbers were out of spec. Your new numbers look ok, but I am surprised the caster numbers are still on the low side.

My 21 Pro pulled to right when I picked it up. Dealer did alignment and found right front toe was out. Was fine after alignment. Here is my printout. And I’m pretty sure the pro does not have different specs as you can see by title of your printout, as well as mine.

https://i.postimg.cc/tTKTXZYS/49331-...AEED033976.jpg

Jeremy556 08-26-2022 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VBRover (Post 3753827)

Looks pretty good, I would like to be closer to 0 or slight negative camber, but not bad.

The before camber numbers really have me scratching my head though. -0.8 and +0.8?

2021nightshade4x4 08-27-2022 11:41 AM

My Limited did, too. Also my tire pressure, as delivered, was very low. Like 31 PSI.

Also, this completely resolved after my first tire rotation.

2021nightshade4x4 08-27-2022 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matoolie (Post 3754222)
It is surprising ALL the original numbers were out of spec. Your new numbers look ok, but I am surprised the caster numbers are still on the low side.

My 21 Pro pulled to right when I picked it up. Dealer did alignment and found right front toe was out. Was fine after alignment. Here is my printout. And I’m pretty sure the pro does not have different specs as you can see by title of your printout, as well as mine.

https://i.postimg.cc/tTKTXZYS/49331-...AEED033976.jpg

How in the hell did you get +3.5 degrees of caster with stock suspension?