Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   4th gen Fox suspension to 5th gen??? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/306920-4th-gen-fox-suspension-5th-gen.html)

DAH_2727 08-22-2022 11:56 AM

4th gen Fox suspension to 5th gen???

Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out if the FOX suspension that I just bought for my 2005 4th gen will fit my wife's new 2020 sr5 premium?

I have a 2005 4x4 sr5 v6 with only 85k miles and I love the truck... It was bone stock when I bought it, so I bought some Fox 2.5's resi's and Camburg UCA's for up front. Then some Fox 2.0 resi's in back with some 1.5" eibach lift springs. I was about to start installing the suspension a few weeks ago, then my wife found a 2020 sr5 premium 4x4 that she fell in love with.

Long story short, I couldn't talk her out of it, so we now own both 4runners. She definitely doesn't mind me keeping the 4th gen, but She is NOT selling hers. Period.

I am just not sure I want to keep both of them, seems redundant. But I really enjoy the 4th gen, and I just dropped $3,500 in the Fox suspension mentioned above. From what I can find, it looks like the suspension and UCA's that I ordered for the 4th gen may actually work on the 5th gen, minus the rear lift springs?

Can anyone with first hand knowledge actually confirm or deny this???

Thanks in advance guys,
Dave

montijo505 08-22-2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAH_2727 (Post 3754781)
Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out if the FOX suspension that I just bought for my 2005 4th gen will fit my wife's new 2020 sr5 premium?

I have a 2005 4x4 sr5 v6 with only 85k miles and I love the truck... It was bone stock when I bought it, so I bought some Fox 2.5's resi's and Camburg UCA's for up front. Then some Fox 2.0 resi's in back with some 1.5" eibach lift springs. I was about to start installing the suspension a few weeks ago, then my wife found a 2020 sr5 premium 4x4 that she fell in love with.

Long story short, I couldn't talk her out of it, so we now own both 4runners. She definitely doesn't mind me keeping the 4th gen, but She is NOT selling hers. Period.

I am just not sure I want to keep both of them, seems redundant. But I really enjoy the 4th gen, and I just dropped $3,500 in the Fox suspension mentioned above. From what I can find, it looks like the suspension and UCA's that I ordered for the 4th gen may actually work on the 5th gen, minus the rear lift springs?

Can anyone with first hand knowledge actually confirm or deny this???

Thanks in advance guys,

Dave

Fox's website should tell you, or call them. It SHOULD work but I'm not positive.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

4RunnerAquasport 08-23-2022 10:34 AM

I believe everything will swap over, but the lower shock mount is different between the 4th and 5th gens. As mentioned earlier, calling Fox maybe the best way to proceed.

The link below was one solution that might work for you and Fox may have the specs you need to swap misalignment spacers.

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/2542651-post7.html