Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Wiring Harness for OEM Seat Heater Install for Sport Trim (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/307232-wiring-harness-oem-seat-heater-install-sport-trim.html)

stevedod 09-10-2022 12:34 PM

Wiring Harness for OEM Seat Heater Install for Sport Trim

What started as a simple seat recover with Clazzio has pushed me to install OEM seat heaters so that I can utilize the OEM switch cut-outs in the center console.

1) Bought LH and RH Switches (Part # 84751-60120 and 84751-601230)
2) Bought 2 Seat Heater Controllers (Part # 87501-60010)

What I need next is to know (this may be one harness, but breaking up just in case)

1) Wiring harness part number from the seat heater pads to the controller.
2) Wiring harness part number from LH/RH switches to controller.
3) Wiring harness part number from controller to IG1 controlled circuit (probably under dash).

If someone has another seat heater kit (or switches) which will fit in the OEM center console slots with no modification, I'd love to know what worked since all the old posts for these have broken links.

L8Shift 09-13-2022 09:21 PM

I used switches from a previous gen, and aftermarket ceramic heating pads in our 07 Sport.

Details are .....

Wiring for heated seats and diagram for power seats

stevedod 09-14-2022 02:31 PM

Thank you! Were they the OEM "Variable" switches which fit in center console? Did it require a controller?

edit: I see your switches, did you find them online?

It's also good to see that we are looking at the same wiring diagram (I like your edits)

randy88fj62 09-14-2022 03:10 PM

I used Toyota Solara seat heater elements and switches. They are on/off type instead of the Limited 4Runner which has different settings and requires the controller.

I custom wired from seat and seat heater switches to the green wire that is near the driver's left foot. That wire is the hot lead to the OEM fuse box seat heater fuse. This have been covered a few times and is totally doable.

I am not sure about buying the harness pieces separately to do what you want. May be possible but custom wiring would be easier imo.

I love my seat heaters with my Sport Edition cloth seats. Heats up fast and hot.

MickeyR 09-20-2022 10:15 AM

All very helpful information. Thanks

L8Shift 09-20-2022 10:33 AM

I used 100 series Landcruiser Seat Warmer switches.

Hi-Off-Low

84751-60070, 84751-60080.