Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Limited tires upgrade (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/307250-limited-tires-upgrade.html)

Maka15 09-11-2022 09:30 PM

Limited tires upgrade

Has anyone upgraded from the factory 245/60/20 tires to a 255/60/20 on stock suspension. If so, I am curious if the tires will rub at full lock? If so I’d like to know either way. Couldn’t seem to find it on here.

Thanks I’m advanced and if I missed this answered somewhere my apologies.

BIGpharma 09-12-2022 08:03 PM

Many people have without issues.

Whether you'll rub or not, is going to depend on the tire you get, and your wheel alignment. These two factors can make the slightest of differences and cause a little bit of rubbing on the fender liner.

If it does rub, you're left with a quick and easy DIY to push back the fender liner a couple of inches.

Search around the forum, you'll find many posts about this!

Maka15 09-12-2022 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGpharma (Post 3759040)
Many people have without issues.

Whether you'll rub or not, is going to depend on the tire you get, and your wheel alignment. These two factors can make the slightest of differences and cause a little bit of rubbing on the fender liner.

If it does rub, you're left with a quick and easy DIY to push back the fender liner a couple of inches.

Search around the forum, you'll find many posts about this!

Meh maybe I’ll just settle with the stock size and just upgrade those to something with a little more meat instead of a passenger vehicle tire. I came back to my 4Runner roots after I left for my tundra,Supra, rav4 and so on of other cars but my 20’ TRD Pro is what fit me the best. So here I am back but with a 23’ limited this round. Thank you tho I’ll probably steer clear and just enjoy it with stock sizes then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Humble Leader 09-13-2022 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maka15 (Post 3759065)
Meh maybe I’ll just settle with the stock size and just upgrade those to something with a little more meat instead of a passenger vehicle tire. I came back to my 4Runner roots after I left for my tundra,Supra, rav4 and so on of other cars but my 20’ TRD Pro is what fit me the best. So here I am back but with a 23’ limited this round. Thank you tho I’ll probably steer clear and just enjoy it with stock sizes then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a few have ran the 20" toyo open country ATIII and haven't had any issues with stock size. they look pretty good as well. was considering those myself but opted for a 17" rim and went with the 265 size

Paui4m 09-13-2022 09:14 AM

FWIW, I'm only about a month in, but I really like the Toyo ATIII so far. Did very well in heavy rain and ponding on a longer drive on Sunday. Maybe a little quieter on the highway than I expected, but sure that will change with age.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humble Leader (Post 3759114)
a few have ran the 20" toyo open country ATIII and haven't had any issues with stock size. they look pretty good as well. was considering those myself but opted for a 17" rim and went with the 265 size