Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   07 4Runner new headlight assemblies. Any ideas? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/307263-07-4runner-new-headlight-assemblies-any-ideas.html)

Pirate702 09-12-2022 10:13 AM

07 4Runner new headlight assemblies. Any ideas?

My 07 4Runner headlights have finally had it at 200K miles. Condensation and fogged lens. I need to replace them both. Any ideas on a good set? Best ones to buy? Thanks for all of the help.

Hi-desertT4R 09-12-2022 10:24 AM

Either stock replacement or check out the BX built. They’re in Las Vegas if you want custom.

Keros 09-12-2022 09:11 PM

When I inquired with BX Built about lead times, they were 22 weeks out, earlier in the year. But I read others experiencing a year or more for their headlights.

Further, they use whatever housings they can get to build from... depot, eagle, vision... etc.

So, knowing that others have issues with those housings, plus the lead times, and the obvious attention from the popo that the aftermarket lights can get, I figured it's just better to get OEM.

Get the '08 appearance package lights, they look amazing.

Kagab 09-13-2022 12:51 PM

Going off what Hi-desertT4R said, I would recommend TEQ Customs if you're looking for custom headlights. They get their projectors from bx built and have a really nice range of custom builds to chose from. Plus their lead times are about 12-14 weeks so a lot better than bx built. The price for the headlights are high but the light output and quality is unmatched. link to the set I have --> Hex Halo Headlights (Special Edition) / 06-09 4Runner / TEQ Customs – TEQ Customs LLC
(Hex halo special edition, black housing, bluetooth rgb lighting, BX Built multi high-beam projector, added high-beam halo).

Bluesky 07 09-13-2022 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keros (Post 3759056)
When I inquired with BX Built about lead times, they were 22 weeks out, earlier in the year. But I read others experiencing a year or more for their headlights.

Further, they use whatever housings they can get to build from... depot, eagle, vision... etc.

So, knowing that others have issues with those housings, plus the lead times, and the obvious attention from the popo that the aftermarket lights can get, I figured it's just better to get OEM.

What's special about these?

Napalm 09-13-2022 01:48 PM

Same here, every time it rains it’s like a fresh water collector on my passenger side!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASUMTNEER 09-13-2022 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keros (Post 3759056)

Never heard of the appearance package. What is this?

Keros 09-13-2022 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluesky 07 (Post 3759173)
What's special about these?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASUMTNEER (Post 3759208)
Never heard of the appearance package. What is this?

All my secrets... discovered!

They're "smoked chrome", notably darker than the regular headlight housings.

Here's some part numbers for referebce provided to me by Toyota. Note some context is missing as we were discussing how the numbers are different... but similar (enough to cause confusion). I'd have to dig around to find which set I bought. For me this deal was non-refundable and the stealership wouldn't warranty any of it 'cuz it's a retrofit.

8113035441 is the Right Headlamp Unit for the 2004-2009 4Runner w/ Limited Package
8117035421 is the Left side
Special Order from overseas. ETA roughly 7-10 business days after order is processed + shipping time to you.

8113035471 is the Right Headlamp Unit for the 2008-2009 4Runner w/ Sport Appearance Package
8117035451 is the Left side
Special Order from overseas. ETA roughly 7-10 business days after order is processed + shipping time to you.

There's a few threads around showing the differences:
2006 Sport headlights?

Headlights - Sports vs non-Sports

The difference is pretty minor, but so is the price if you're buying new

DAW89446 09-13-2022 07:27 PM

LKQ

Basically a nationwide chain of wrecking yards. Warehouses in many cities. Warranty. From the link you can find new stuff as well.

Bluesky 07 09-13-2022 10:11 PM

@Keros - Okay, thx. Those are the ones on my ‘07 SE. IIRC, the grill chrome is smoked as well.

ASUMTNEER 09-14-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keros (Post 3759242)
All my secrets... discovered!

They're "smoked chrome", notably darker than the regular headlight housings.

Here's some part numbers for referebce provided to me by Toyota. Note some context is missing as we were discussing how the numbers are different... but similar (enough to cause confusion). I'd have to dig around to find which set I bought. For me this deal was non-refundable and the stealership wouldn't warranty any of it 'cuz it's a retrofit.

8113035441 is the Right Headlamp Unit for the 2004-2009 4Runner w/ Limited Package
8117035421 is the Left side

8113035471 is the Right Headlamp Unit for the 2008-2009 4Runner w/ Sport Appearance Package
8117035451 is the Left side

There's a few threads around showing the differences:
2006 Sport headlights?

Headlights - Sports vs non-Sports

The difference is pretty minor, but so is the price if you're buying new

So are these different than the sport edition headlights? I know those are "smoked chrome"

Keros 09-14-2022 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASUMTNEER (Post 3759490)
So are these different than the sport edition headlights? I know those are "smoked chrome"

I didn't know offhand.

However, reviewing the brochure from Auto-Brochures, it seems the "Smoked Chrome" is standard on all the Sport edition trucks.

2003V8LTD 09-17-2022 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate702 (Post 3758911)
My 07 4Runner headlights have finally had it at 200K miles. Condensation and fogged lens. I need to replace them both. Any ideas on a good set? Best ones to buy? Thanks for all of the help.

I just replaced mine in a '09. Fact of the matter is, all of the aftermarket solutions are way, way, way lower quality than OEM, and they tend to leak like crazy among other things. It's a little over $500 a pair for a set of OEM units but I would strongly suggest that you just bite the bullet and do it.