Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   What's this sound?? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/307808-whats-sound.html)

EdmundGTP 10-18-2022 07:58 PM

What's this sound??

And I don't mean the airplane in the background.

Front pass. side has been making this noise after rolling the window up all the way and letting off the up switch.

Any idea what it is?

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

AuSeeker 10-18-2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdmundGTP (Post 3765488)
And I don't mean the airplane in the background.

Front pass. side has been making this noise after rolling the window up all the way and letting off the up switch.

Any idea what it is?

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Does it do the noise no matter which switch you roll up the window with, i.e. when using the driver's door switch, I assume it does just wanted to be sure it doesn't have to do with a defective switch?

My best guess is there's some wear/flex in the regulator's bushings/joints/cables and when you release the power the flex releases and the sound is that pressure release on the joints/bushings/cables.

If not that then it could tension between the glass and rubber weather stripping relaxing when you release the power, you could try spraying some silicone spray on the weather stripping and see if that helps with the noise.

EdmundGTP 10-18-2022 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuSeeker (Post 3765498)
Does it do the noise no matter which switch you roll up the window with, i.e. when using the driver's door switch, I assume it does just wanted to be sure it doesn't have to do with a defective switch?

My best guess is there's some wear/flex in the regulator's bushings/joints/cables and when you release the power the flex releases and the sound is that pressure release on the joints/bushings/cables.

If not that then it could tension between the glass and rubber weather stripping relaxing when you release the power, you could try spraying some silicone spray on the weather stripping and see if that helps with the noise.

Noise is present with both driver and local passenger switch being used. I think you're probably right.