Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Center Diff Lock Switch Question (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/308328-center-diff-lock-switch-question.html)

405Runner 11-26-2022 09:25 PM

Center Diff Lock Switch Question

Hey there.

Took the 405Runner out today and was trying to get the center diff to lock. But no luck. I remember it working awhile back, but we haven't had much bad weather lately so never messed with it.

The light works, since it blinks when the 4WD is engaging.

So, I pulled the switch, and I don't have any continuity between any of the points when its neutral, or when I push it down. So I'm just thinking it's a bad switch. Looked all over the FSM but can't find a pin out for it or a test. Just wanted to see what others thought.

Edit: Guess I remembered wrong. I havent done anything under the dash other than a new ignition switch. So, guess I just remember the yellow ball blinking.

Bad Luck 11-27-2022 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 405Runner (Post 3771994)
Hey there.

Took the 405Runner out today and was trying to get the center diff to lock. But no luck. I remember it working awhile back, but we haven't had much bad weather lately so never messed with it.

The light works, since it blinks when the 4WD is engaging.

So, I pulled the switch, and I don't have any continuity between any of the points when its neutral, or when I push it down. So I'm just thinking it's a bad switch. Looked all over the FSM but can't find a pin out for it or a test. Just wanted to see what others thought.

When you say switch are you talking about the button you push or one of the sensor switches on the transfer case/front diff?

405Runner 11-27-2022 10:50 AM

Push button switch.

405Runner 11-27-2022 05:49 PM

Figured it out.

PO must have been in there messing around. There are 2 plugs that fit the switch. Finally sat down and found the switch in the wiring diagram and it said only a grey/white-black wire ran to it, the plug that was inserted had 4 wires, and it only had the white-blk wire. So, Plugged in the correct one, and bam-o works.