Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   2023 ORP dome light question (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/308874-2023-orp-dome-light-question.html)

Ironman707 01-10-2023 10:27 PM

2023 ORP dome light question

So I tried to swap out my dome light to a LED bulb, once I replaced it the dome light didn’t work. So I put the original bulb back on to trouble shoot it but guess what... now the dome light won’t work, I took out the whole assembly and everything seems to be plugged in, I just ordered a new dome assembly to see if that’s the fix.

Has anyone ever had this issue? I got the LED bulbs from a post on here and they’re legit. I was thinking of taking it to the dealer but I’m sure they’ll say that it voided the warranty

fkheath 01-10-2023 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman707 (Post 3778649)
So I tried to swap out my dome light to a LED bulb, once I replaced it the dome light didn’t work. So I put the original bulb back on to trouble shoot it but guess what... now the dome light won’t work, I took out the whole assembly and everything seems to be plugged in, I just ordered a new dome assembly to see if that’s the fix.

Has anyone ever had this issue? I got the LED bulbs from a post on here and they’re legit. I was thinking of taking it to the dealer but I’m sure they’ll say that it voided the warranty

A couple of thoughts:

1. LED lights can be polarity sensitive. If they don't work when first installed, reverse them.

2. Did you have the switch on the dome light on?

Ironman707 01-11-2023 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fkheath (Post 3778653)
A couple of thoughts:

1. LED lights can be polarity sensitive. If they don't work when first installed, reverse them.

2. Did you have the switch on the dome light on?

Switch was off, and I tried flipping the LED around. Still didn’t work and now the original bulb doesn’t work either

Jeremy556 01-11-2023 12:57 AM

Check the fuse

97BlackAckCL 01-11-2023 01:18 AM

Sounds like the fuse popped

flyrv9 01-12-2023 02:13 AM

Disconnect the battery and then check the appropriate fuse. Bulbs and other things as well should not be changed without disconnecting the battery first.

Ironman707 01-19-2023 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL (Post 3778674)
Sounds like the fuse popped

Yup the fuse popped, scared me to death

03Fatboy 01-20-2023 05:36 PM

Glad I read this. Getting ready to install and will be disconnecting the battery