Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   13 years and over 6000 posts I say Adieu. (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/309000-13-years-over-6000-posts-i-say-adieu.html)

JayRolla 01-20-2023 01:52 AM

13 years and over 6000 posts I say Adieu.

5 Attachment(s)
Sold the old girl. I raised my kids in her, camping, wheeling trips to Moab, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Montana, Arizona, Grand Canyon, Angel Fire New mexico and tons of CO trails conquered from trails rated 2-8.

She never left me stranded but just that one time the LBJ failed and close a few others. Driving back from New Mexico with a failing fuel pump on a Sunday, raining, stalling every few miles doing 35mph down the highway getting home 5am that Monday morning.

Or heater valve failing at 11k feet on a 8 rated trail coasting down hill pooring coolant and filling up with creek water every mile or so.

Another time hydro locking from sucking water in the intake in flooding river, water pooring into the vehicle as the water was raising inches every few minutes but she still started and got me home.

Pulling and winching many stuck vehicles in trails, driving around town saving people in CO blizzards. Getting rear ended multiple times with barely any damage and leaving the other vehicle totaled.

Learning how to install suspension, body lifts, clearing large tires, tuning SPC arms, doing driveway alignments better than most local shops machines.

She got very old and tired. Fuel pump failed and let her sit a good year. Replaced fuel pump and could not get her to start. Didn't have time to diagnose and sat another 2 years. She rotted away in that time. Need tires, timing kit, water pump and diagnose no start. Needed paint, brake master cylinder, interior very rough from the 300k miles and 27 years of age.

This is my goodbye and I will always love you.

JayRolla 01-20-2023 01:53 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Some more pics of my baby and couple videos.

JayRolla 4runner waterfall climb at Chinaman Gulch - YouTube

VIDEO0031 - YouTube

JayRolla 4runner on Fins and Things Moab - YouTube

Jayrolla 1996 4runner getting off moab hill - YouTube

JayRolla 01-20-2023 02:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Money is going towards a good cause. Finish my wife's Tacoma build and bring my CTS-V 6 speed manual Coupe to around 700whp.

Endlessblockades 01-20-2023 02:11 AM

That was a nice farewell. Bon Voyage!

jgue467 01-20-2023 09:35 AM

I'm sure the Taco will live up to the Runner's achievements, Adios!!!

spartacus 01-20-2023 10:14 AM

Best of luck.

clearock 01-20-2023 10:55 AM

A friend sent me a pic of his new 3rd gen 4runner purchase yesterday, maybe ill have to go look said over and c if its worth bring back to life....

curious what happened to the OEM hood?

gamefreakgc 01-20-2023 03:09 PM

Ha, yeah that's true about small fender benders. Someone backed in to me last month when I was stopped and smashed her bumper in. I go out to look at mine and I could not find where she hit me - not even a scuff mark.

That's a vehicle that has served you well! Best of luck on the next one.

rickashay 01-20-2023 04:40 PM

A well deserved tribute.

And as much as I love fast cars and totally understand moving onward... you'll be back. Ask me how I know ;)

JayRolla 01-20-2023 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clearock (Post 3780107)
A friend sent me a pic of his new 3rd gen 4runner purchase yesterday, maybe ill have to go look said over and c if its worth bring back to life....

curious what happened to the OEM hood?

Dented and was peeling.

JayRolla 01-20-2023 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickashay (Post 3780182)
A well deserved tribute.

And as much as I love fast cars and totally understand moving onward... you'll be back. Ask me how I know ;)

I don't know. If they start becoming collector vehicles the market might price me out in the future. Sounds like blasphemy but I might see my self in a newer 2 door bronco one day.

brillo_76 01-20-2023 07:47 PM

I can understand that moving on to other rides. I personally stick with The T's Granted the wife and I have 2 classic cars.
Wishing you the best on your future adventures. :-)

mtbtim 01-20-2023 10:11 PM

I was wondering why I hadn't seen a post from you in a very long time. You were a staple on this forum for a long time and your contributions will live on in the annals of T4R history.

Happy Trails Bro!

octanejunkie 01-20-2023 10:40 PM

Your posts and contributions will be missed. Best of luck with the other projects.
Via con Yota, hombre.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Texmax 01-20-2023 11:10 PM

Good luck. You'll be back. See you in a few years.
Aloha-