Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Master Window Switch Cover (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/309043-master-window-switch-cover.html)

Lexington 01-23-2023 08:49 PM

Master Window Switch Cover

Hi All

I just recently ordered a new window master switch for my 2016 4Runner TRD Pro. I decided to replace the top cover of it as well since it is a bit worn. I went to my local dealer and the first guy looked for the part for quite a while but couldn’t find it. A senior guy step in and he found it in a short time. However, he told me that I can’t just buy that part by itself. If I want to that part I have to buy the whole door panel for about $800 bucks. That’s nuts! I don’t know if that guy was telling me the truth or not. So I’m wondering if anyone knows if there is a separate part number for this item or if there is a aftermarket place where I can buy just that part? I posted the picture below but for some reason it posted upside down and I can’t get it to post right side up.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/membe...cdc3d45eb.jpeg

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/membe...af8c4c54a.jpeg

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/membe...943dd6630.jpeg

djeepin 01-23-2023 08:54 PM

check interior trim kits, fiberglass of faux burlwood looks great, and cheaper

Lexington 01-23-2023 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djeepin (Post 3780677)
check interior trim kits, fiberglass of faux burlwood looks great, and cheaper

I would prefer to replace the original part but not a bad back up option.

lewdog998 01-24-2023 09:07 AM

Sounds like bs to me.
Did you see the actual drawing on his screen?
Hard to believe an interior trim part is combined as one part with a electrical part. Plus it does not make sense from an inventory stsndpoint.
Call another dealer to be sure.

fkheath 01-24-2023 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexington (Post 3780674)
Hi All

I just recently ordered a new window master switch for my 2016 4Runner TRD Pro. I decided to replace the top cover of it as well since it is a bit worn. I went to my local dealer and the first guy looked for the part for quite a while but couldn’t find it. A senior guy step in and he found it in a short time. However, he told me that I can’t just buy that part by itself. If I want to that part I have to buy the whole door panel for about $800 bucks. That’s nuts! I don’t know if that guy was telling me the truth or not. So I’m wondering if anyone knows if there is a separate part number for this item or if there is a aftermarket place where I can buy just that part? I posted the picture below but for some reason it posted upside down and I can’t get it to post right side up.

Thanks

Does this help? 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR-5 Door Interior Trim Panel (Left, Front). BLACK - 6762035C62C0 - Genuine Toyota Part

fkheath 01-24-2023 12:31 PM

Quote:

Hi All

Thanks

How about buying the switch with the bezel: 14-20 Toyota 4 Runner Driver Master Power Window 8404035080 Switch 907-5G2 Bx 1 | eBay

lewdog998 01-24-2023 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LKQOnline

LKQ is a good source and major supplier to body / repair shops

this for a 2019...but just plug in your specs and it will give you options.

lewdog998 01-24-2023 01:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OR.

I looked at the LKQ description and found an "alternate part numbers" tab...went to toyota parts online and found this
8404035060 - Door Window Switch. ENGINE, INSTRUMENT, PANEL - Genuine Toyota Part

Lexington 01-24-2023 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog998 (Post 3780731)
Sounds like bs to me.
Hard to believe an interior trim part is combined as one part with a electrical part. Plus it does not make sense from an inventory stsndpoint.

I was thinking the same. I plan to go to another dealer today.

Lexington 01-24-2023 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog998 (Post 3780784)
OR.

I looked at the LKQ description and found an "alternate part numbers" tab...went to toyota parts online and found this
8404035060 - Door Window Switch. ENGINE, INSTRUMENT, PANEL - Genuine Toyota Part

That is the Master Window Switch for the 2014 4Runner. I’m looking for the plastic cover that goes on top of it and not the switch itself. This plastic cover actually screws into the master switch. You would think this would come as a set but it doesn’t. Thanks for the LKQ link. Always glad to find other ordering option. However, before I can order that part I need to find the part number.

Here are some better photos. (Thanks FKheath)

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/membe...af8c4c54a.jpeg

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/membe...943dd6630.jpeg

Lexington 01-24-2023 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fkheath (Post 3780772)

This is a nice back up option. Thanks! I was thinking of going to a pick and pull if I couldn’t find anything else.

Lexington 01-24-2023 02:33 PM

This is what the dealer told me. He said it was showing no part number for the cover which means you can only get the part if you order the whole panel. I don’t want to spend $850 for one small plastic piece. Besides pick and pull your eBay option seems like the best deal.

Lexington 01-24-2023 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog998 (Post 3780731)
Sounds like bs to me.

I talked to a total of 3 dealers and they all said the same thing. The only way to get that part is to buy a whole door panel kit. I’ll pass. Two of the parts guys seemed a bit surprised because they said just about every other Toyota you can buy that part separately or that in comes with the master switch. They don’t know why they don’t do the same for the 4Runner.

So I guess my only option is at this point is a pick and pull or used parts from eBay.

I did send a email to Toyota today explaining the problem. Maybe they might find a part for me but I’m not holding my breath. I did tell them to sell the item separately or include it with the Master Switch.

lewdog998 01-24-2023 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexington (Post 3780897)
I talked to a total of 3 dealers and they all said the same thing. The only way to get that part is to buy a whole door panel kit. I’ll pass. Two of the parts guys seemed a bit surprised because they said just about every other Toyota you can buy that part separately or that in comes with the master switch. They don’t know why they don’t do the same for the 4Runner.

So I guess my only option is at this point is a pick and pull or used parts from eBay.

I did send a email to Toyota today explaining the problem. Maybe they might find a part for me but I’m not holding my breath. I did tell them to sell the item separately or include it with the Master Switch.

Yeah I guess it makes sense....in my haste I did not see that the trim is a separate from the switch.
I am curious as to why its already worn...still a relatively young vehicle...physical wear or sunlight. Fwiw...I have my interior high touch areas that are smooth covered in ppf.
Maybe I should cover that part as well.

fkheath 01-28-2023 04:28 PM

Quote:

Hi All

Thanks

That switch cover does have a Toyota part number: 74232-X1D00,

But it apparently is not sold as a separate item by the Toyota parts department (thus any dealer). A quick Google search shows that part number can be erroneously confused with the switch itself.

Only way to get the cover seems to be a used switch with the cover attached.