Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Want to Buy/Trade (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/want-to-buy-trade/)
-   -   WTB: 3rd Gen 4Runner Bilstein 5100 Shocks Front/Rear (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/want-to-buy-trade/309882-wtb-3rd-gen-4runner-bilstein-5100-shocks-front-rear.html)

StuckintheMudd 03-30-2023 02:54 PM

WTB: 3rd Gen 4Runner Bilstein 5100 Shocks Front/Rear

Hi, I'm looking for a lightly used set of Bilstein 5100 for 3rd gen 4runner (2001). Front/Rear Shocks and I'm open to the Springs as well if OME brand.
Ideally looking for OME 2881 fronts and OME 2906 rears.

Located in SoCal.

Az4runnin 03-31-2023 09:13 PM

Be careful with the 5100's. I just had a rear shock un-thread itself from the lower shock mount on the drivers rear. Absolutely ridiculous. I want them gone ASAP. Just an FYI.

StuckintheMudd 04-01-2023 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Az4runnin (Post 3790952)
Be careful with the 5100's. I just had a rear shock un-thread itself from the lower shock mount on the drivers rear. Absolutely ridiculous. I want them gone ASAP. Just an FYI.

I'm sorry to hear. I've already been contact by NUMEROUS scammers trying to sell me parts from this post. Be careful out there.

Az4runnin 04-01-2023 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuckintheMudd (Post 3791084)
I'm sorry to hear. I've already been contact by NUMEROUS scammers trying to sell me parts from this post. Be careful out there.

I went through that bullshit on this website trying to buy a Sport Hood. Scammers, refusing to take goods services payment through PayPal only wanting friends and family absolute bullshit.

StuckintheMudd 04-01-2023 06:36 PM

Yes...frustrating. Thankfully I'm aware of the red flags...but it's proving to be exhausting and sometimes not worth the effort/risk just to save a few hundred bucks sometimes.

Az4runnin 04-02-2023 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuckintheMudd (Post 3791097)
Yes...frustrating. Thankfully I'm aware of the red flags...but it's proving to be exhausting and sometimes not worth the effort/risk just to save a few hundred bucks sometimes.

Absolutely agree I ended up finding my sport hood local even though it was more than I wanted to spend. It's in absolutely perfect condition. It's gonna be really easy to paint. I believe everyone that responded to my WTB ad we're total scammers. The $200 more that I spent is what I would have been out being ripped off by the scumbags.

StuckintheMudd 04-05-2023 02:49 PM

CLOSED.

I ended up sourcing a set on eBay NEW. FYI for anyone out there. After shipping I paid around $450 for the set Front & Rear.
24-248730 Front Bilstein 5100
24-249966 Rear Bilstein 5100

If you look around and make some offers you can save some $. I feel like I saved $100-150+ dollars sourcing them this way instead of buying a full set from a shop or other listings where I've seen prices from 480 +tax and shipping to upwards of $540+ tax

With this savings I can put it towards a professional install since I can't do it myself.