Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Which Sway Bar Links Are You Using? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/312010-sway-bar-links-you-using.html)

knightsfs4 10-02-2023 09:58 PM

Which Sway Bar Links Are You Using?

I found some older threads with info on this, but wanted to see if there were any updated opinions for the best set of Sway Bar Links for 4th gens.

I've read good things about these: Forged Ball Joint Sway Bar Links
– Overland Custom Design

Any other good options out there that you would recommend?

xtremewlr 10-02-2023 10:52 PM

None, I don't have sway bars.

MrSeth 10-03-2023 01:47 AM

When I had my front swaybar, I used OCPTY from Amazon. With a part with a job so simple, I decided not to go crazy with the spending on them. I think I paid like $50 for 4 of them. Even on my last build, I used cheapo endlinks and never had issues with them.

miller507 10-03-2023 05:19 AM

3rd gen end links at the rear and normal links at the front.

LOSTR4 10-03-2023 09:15 AM

Front or rear or all? I made my own with some Hillman hardware, stainless steel all-thread and some Energy Suspension bushings and they've been terrific and adjustable a little bit...

From Energy Suspension:
Part Number: 9.8121
Product Name: Universal Sway Bar End Links 98121

Part Number: 9.8105
Product Name: Sway Bar End Link Grommets and Washers - 98105

From Hillman Group:
The Hillman Group 59655 3/8x1/2x1-1/2-Inch Seamless Steel Spacer

Amazon has all this stuff too...Find some 3/8" SS all thread and away you go! Some cutting and threading the parts on...easy to do and a fraction of what you could spend...

gimlithepirate 10-03-2023 10:29 AM

I made my own sliding disconnects for the front. They are OK, not great. The gain from them is mainly a smoother ride off road. Can't say I'd recommend it unless your looking for a project.

During the winter, I have some basic Moog ones I put on the front. They work well enough.

For rears, I use Pathfinder endlinks. Beefier than stock, and longer, which helps compensate for my lift.

BackOff 10-04-2023 12:01 PM

2nd gen links in the rear, pull the front off.

FoundedSine14 10-08-2023 11:59 AM

I have the Overland Custom Design sliding front disconnects and I absolutely love them. I've made my own links for the rear, similar to LOST4R

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk