Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   TPMS with Real Time PSI (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/313157-tpms-real-time-psi.html)

patch4r 01-28-2024 09:34 PM

TPMS with Real Time PSI

Hello everyone,

Recently added a 2007 4Runner SR5.

Really been enjoying this platform.

Have a question in regards to the TPMS.

Right now I am only alerted when tire pressure is low.

From what I have read, the factory Toyota TPMS (42607-33021) operate on 315Mhz.

Is there a way read the actual tire pressure of each tire while inside the cab?

I have seen these kits on Amazon that replace the TPMS internally or these little external tire caps that then transmit to a display inside the cab that is either hard wired or plugged into the cigarette lighter.

Does anyone use a reliable system that gives real time tire pressure?

Thanks in advance :-)

ArthurKotb 01-29-2024 10:58 AM

There are after market TPMS systems, mostly for trailers. They are either the valve stem cap type or actual unit mounted in the wheel. They have a display screen inside the tow vehicle that monitors the pressure and temp of the tires. This is mostly because when pulling a trailer, especially travel trailers, if you have a blowout on a tandem axle trailer it will do tremendous damage to the trailer and the driver wouldn't even know it. The panel will tell you when the tire is overheating or pressure has dropped so you can pull over and take care of it.

If you go this route you would need to disable the OEM TPMS or you'll have a light indicating a problem. I'm not sure if having a second system would interfere with one another.

FoundedSine14 01-31-2024 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patch4r (Post 3827511)
Hello everyone,

Recently added a 2007 4Runner SR5.

Really been enjoying this platform.

Have a question in regards to the TPMS.

Right now I am only alerted when tire pressure is low.

From what I have read, the factory Toyota TPMS (42607-33021) operate on 315Mhz.

Is there a way read the actual tire pressure of each tire while inside the cab?

I have seen these kits on Amazon that replace the TPMS internally or these little external tire caps that then transmit to a display inside the cab that is either hard wired or plugged into the cigarette lighter.

Does anyone use a reliable system that gives real time tire pressure?

Thanks in advance :-)

I added a Kenwood headunit into mine with iDataLink Maestro. With this setup I can monitor the realtime TPMS readout per wheel on the headunit. There's a ton of other useful stuff in there too like MAF, battery voltage, instantaneous MPGs, etc.

I highly recommend it.

EastTXHick 01-31-2024 02:47 PM

My 05 Gen4 TPMI never worked properly, so count yourself fortunate. I ultimately bypassed it as that light drove my OCD crazy. Not much help, i'm afraid, but at least you have an option if the system goes nutz like mine did a few years back

L8Shift 01-31-2024 05:15 PM

My 07 Sport, with Pioneer NEX, and iDatalink Maestro displays OBD2 and TPMS PSI/Temps. Crutchfield.com

inscarguy 02-02-2024 08:13 AM

Another neat feature of the Maestro is if you get a CEL, it comes up on the radio and it will tell you what it is and you can also clear it out.

It also tells you the spare PSI.

riceandpho 02-02-2024 10:01 AM

toyota techstream can give you live data. do you need it though for your use? you can do alot with the techstream software.

aemravan 02-02-2024 10:29 AM

maestro would be probably be the way to go for other added benefits.. it wouldn't read for me anyway since I'm on aftermarket beadlock wheels, so this is what I'm currently running.. Amazon.com

It's a recent install but seems to be working decent so far. I'll need to see how accurate the reading is, though ultimately, as long as it's uniform I don't care if it's reading higher or lower.

patch4r 02-04-2024 10:53 PM

Some great ideas, thank you.

Ultimately I want to find something that will read from the factory 315MHz Toyota TPMS that will give me the actual PSI in the cab.

I want to stay away from the value stem caps if at all possible, but those would be my last resort because I want to keep it simple.

I found a few on amzn but they only read TPMS at 433MHz which I believe will not work.

aemravan 02-07-2024 08:59 AM

another option is the ScanGaugeii obdii reader. I would search it up a bit, but from what i've seen they read TPMS from toyota in psi (along with a number of other potentially useful obdii readings)

HirenEnurl 02-08-2024 03:47 AM

Have you considered the iDataLink Maestro system for monitoring real-time TPMS data on your 2007 4Runner, or do you have specific requirements that make other options more suitable?

patch4r 02-09-2024 02:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw something like this pic on amzn…..

Just a simple way to have real time tire pressure in the cab of the 4Runner.

Anyone have experience using this item or something similar in the picture?

Would much rather have the sensor internal verse the external valve stem caps.

ArthurKotb 02-09-2024 10:16 AM

Can you share the link?

patch4r 02-09-2024 05:25 PM

Amazon.com

ArthurKotb 02-10-2024 11:11 AM

No reviews so I would avoid this product.

The description says to attach to the valve stem, but the picture shows TPMS sensors that need to be installed.

Your Denso sensors operate at 315 Mhz but it looks like these operate at 433.92

If you swap out for different sensors you'll need to disable the OEM system.

If you want to go ahead you should contact the seller for more details.