Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Edmonton / Calgary / Alberta (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/edmonton-calgary-alberta/)
-   -   Hello from Calgary (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/edmonton-calgary-alberta/32839-hello-calgary.html)

Legend 12-10-2007 10:46 PM

Hello from Calgary

I'm new to this forum. Is there anyone else here from Calgary?
Does anyone have a good source for accessories or performance parts?

josh220 12-10-2007 10:57 PM

I'm not from Calgary, but just wanted to say welcome to the forums.

Legend 12-10-2007 11:29 PM

Thanks
I love my 4runner. I've owned other yota products and they've never let me down.
The V8 has some awesome power. One Fun Truck
I am considering some mods. Any suggestions?

josh220 12-10-2007 11:34 PM

The first ones I added was a toyota skid plate, $178, Valor Exhaust tip (adds t othe appearance a lot). I believe they charged me like $54 for that. In my signature is a list of other mods I have done. Nothing major. You can also go to the "Accessories" section of this forum. That's were everyone posts pictures about things they have done to their trucks.

You may want to consider all weather mats too. They are a MUST. The carpet ones get dirty in about a week haha.

Doesn't matter were you start though. You will never stop.

blueleezard 12-20-2007 08:24 PM

Greetings all -- Blueleezard here, also based out of Calgary. I figger we've got it best of all in these parts, but as I've said in other posts, don't tell anyone ;): -- otherwise our city's population will swell even more than it is already doing, and who needs a more densely-packed parking lot [formerly known as Deerfoot Trail] -- even if it means more T4Rs in the neighborhood, right? After all, what's the point of having one of the best vehicles ever made if you can't even move it, or you have to wait for the left-hand turn traffic light to cycle through fourteen times before you get your chance to scoot through the intersection? Anyway, here's to a good Christmas for all T4Rers, regardless of where our soul-mates / kinfolks happen to be. Best wishes to all ... :cheers:

n8buddy 12-21-2007 12:10 AM

Hi, I almost live in Calgary! I live in Invermere B.C., which is only a 3 hours drive, and some of you calgarians may know it as your vacations destination, as our population triples in peak seasons. If your ever in the area look me up and ill take you too some sweet spots!

blueleezard 12-21-2007 10:45 PM

Yo, your personal description reminded me that on my 1999 mica green SR5 from years gone by, I had 10-ply Toyo 285/75R16s installed. I chose 10-ply ... why? They were the only ones available at the time -- a default choice. But as I look back on the experience, I'm really glad I made that choice. Taller than stock, a bit narrower than stock, rode a bit more firmly, and I have to say: totally indestructible. Winter, Summer, mud, snow, sand, whatever and whenever. I put almost 100,000KM on those puppies and there was virtually *no wear*!!!! When the vehicle was sold, nobody [including the Toyota dealer that I'd dealt with for more than a decade] could believe the tires had that many KMs. And I had to agree. But the bill of sale told the truth. And they looked new. It was as if they were made of iron. Over the years of ownership, they had excellent traction in all conditions [down to -40C and nasty, nasty heavy snow etc.] all the way up to +40C that would fry eggs on any surface in less than a second. These things stood up, let me tell you. When the 265/65R17 Vatiivas now on the V8 Sport begin to show wear, I'll head over to the local Toyo dealer to find a Toyo along the lines of what I had previously -- I can't remember exactly but I think they were "606s". No contest.

gotmud?13 02-26-2008 09:45 PM

another wheeler in calgary :) (just a heads, the truck in my pic is my cousins, not mine hahaha)

Legend. a good place to start is LCE engineering. they make performance yota parts.

Dim_Sum 02-27-2008 02:00 AM

+1 For Another Calgary Wheeler :D

gotmud?13 04-05-2008 05:25 PM

anybody know where that secret mining trail is near moose mtn? i have a buddy who is a ranger but i cant get him drunk enough to tell me where haha. apparently its not private, but crown land. any ideas?

Victor 01-02-2009 01:39 AM

Would like to say I am from Calgary as well. I just picked up a 99 SR5 with mods to come!

RedApe 05-17-2009 10:52 AM

Another from Calgary...reviving the thread.

For those interested, a local Toyota club is spinning up here in town:
http://ct4wda.com

paraordnance 07-31-2009 01:08 PM

I from Red Deer :cheers: See a lot of T4R's on a road around town but none from this board I think

RedApe 07-31-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paraordnance (Post 433913)
I from Red Deer :cheers: See a lot of T4R's on a road around town but none from this board I think

Great...another Albertan! :) Be sure to check out the local Toyota club link in the post above! There's a few from Red Deer already!

Marine0369 02-26-2018 08:08 PM

I'm in Calgary as well!