Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/)
-   -   Anyone Do Any Hunting (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/34250-anyone-do-any-hunting.html)

retco 01-24-2008 02:18 PM

Anyone Do Any Hunting

Wanted to know if anyone does any hunting (deer, turkey, quail, elk, ect...)

SCRunner 01-24-2008 03:41 PM

every chance I get! which is, admittedly, not as often as I would prefer. I'm a memeber of a club about an hour from my house. Nice place, has about 2600 acres and only about 15 members, half of which never come. We had a terrible deer season for the last couple of years. I'm blaming the weather and not the fact that I tend to fall asleep in the stand! Its really just a good excuse to get out of town and out of cell phone range. You have any luck this past season?

TheBlueWave 01-24-2008 05:04 PM

SoDak for pheasent, northern MN for grouse (or partridge), deer in MN, usually up north where the big swampers live. I plan to bowhunt this year, for deer and maybe turkey. Also will do a shotgun hunt for turkey this spring for sure.
A buddy of mine is trying to put a moose hunt together. Permits are hard to come by in MN, and you have to hunt the wilderness (BWCAW) most of the time.
I would like to try a black bear hunt, as well.
I would LOVE to go on an elk or mountain goat hunt out west someday, but I guess some elk live in MN, escaped from a game farm and reportedly are having babies.
I put more effort and time into fishing, though.

4rnr4me 01-24-2008 07:20 PM

i do a little fishing, im gonna have to go soon as i havent been in a while...as far as hunting goes, ive always wanted to, but never have...i have the firepower, i just need to go outta state to go hunting to do any REAL hunting...

MT4runner 01-25-2008 02:14 AM

oooh ya. i shot my first elk this also. it was a 4x4 rag horn. and usually shoot deer every year. last year shot a nice 5x5 whitetale and year before shot a big 4x4 muley. 28inches wide. and being 15 i was pretty excited. hunting is pretty big in my family....we used to own a T.V. show on the outdoor channel called Montana Secrets, but after we sold it off the owners let it go to crap.

nated05 01-25-2008 10:14 AM

I deer hunt in the fall on a family farm in central MO. Though I do have to admit I usually go mostly because my cousins come into town and we have a good time. I havent been the past few years though. We have tons of deer out there, I remember one year between 8 hunters we shot about 15 deer 4 days.

I cant stand fishing and tried turkey hunting one year but didnt see a thing.

Iron Clad Lou 01-25-2008 12:07 PM

whitetail, grouse, rabbit, squirrel, pheasant....I love to hunt! do a little fishing on occasion with my son as well.....

retco 01-25-2008 12:47 PM

Awsome guys, I love to hunt also but i must admit when i go to the Hunting Club, or our Farm i usually have alot of friends or cousins around and we'll have a couple drinks, get out the guitars and do alittle pickin and grinnin and have a good time, i love just being out in the country gettin away from it all.