Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/)
-   -   What wristwatch do you guys wear daily? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/4213-what-wristwatch-do-you-guys-wear-daily.html)

Thai 06-09-2004 08:19 AM

What wristwatch do you guys wear daily?

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all,

I am interested in wristwatches (e.g. Rolex, Omega, Seiko, Tag Heuer, etc.). What do you guys wear everyday? How about on special occassions??

This is my daily watch: (Rolex Yacht-Master)

Thai 06-09-2004 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my special occasion watch...actually, it's just collecting dust in my closet: (Omega Deville Coaxial)

peter78 06-09-2004 08:39 AM

Boy, talk about off subject...... OK, I wear a Rolex Oyster Perpetual, had it since 1986 and I expect it to out last me.:confused:

When sailboat racing I use a cheap watch with built in stop watch so I can judge the starts.

Ghost Rider 06-09-2004 09:33 AM

Man, you guys have too much money...

I've got a Timex Expedition that will last me until I retire to Kona in 7 years...

Then I won't need a watch! :D

Auburn 4Runner 06-09-2004 09:43 AM

My everyday watch is a fossil. It is titanium (very light and won't fade). If you are looking for an everyday watch I would recommend a titanium one because it is so light.

mikes4runner 06-09-2004 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by peter78
Boy, talk about off subject...... OK, I wear a Rolex Oyster Perpetual, had it since 1986 and I expect it to out last me.:confused:

I too have the stainless steel Rolex Oyster perpetual that was given to me upon graduation. In .....OK..OK..1988.

And for special occasions my Father left me his Rolex 1943 gold black faced bubble back.

Rolex makes the best watches on earth.

But I also have a Timex to beat on.

rando 06-09-2004 10:15 AM

I wear my all natural God given Skin:30 for daily and special occasions. :D

sharp4runr 06-09-2004 10:26 AM

Wow, a couple of rolexes? You guys are some old skewl big timers :D

My every day and anytime watch is a solar powered pulsar. I've had it since about '98 and never had to change the battery.

July

alpha 06-09-2004 10:50 AM

A Casio that is Radio-controlled with the atomic clock.
A Titanium Citizen Eco-Drive for special occasion.
I also have a Timex, one of the ones with the rotary set alarm clock. But I need to change the battery for that, oh, and the batteries for the Lorus and Fossil.

waskillywabbit 06-09-2004 11:26 AM

Watches

Expensive watches are for people who have too much money and don't have enough things to waste it on!

This is my dress up watch:

Casio G Shock $80
Last one I had lasted 10 years and I changed the battery once!
That's a cost of about $10/year.
http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/large_im.../200897312.jpg

This is my dress down watch:
Casio G Shock $80
Last one I had lasted 10 years and I changed the battery once!
That's a cost of about $10/year.
http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/large_im.../200897312.jpg

I'd hate to see what the per year comparison is for a Rolex $. What a waste of money...

:guitar2:

Ghost Rider 06-09-2004 11:30 AM

Putting Nomex on...

Waiting for pissing contest to begin...

Must... Find... Work...

toybox 06-09-2004 11:34 AM

Watches annoy me on my wrist. Besides I am always either near a clock or I have my cell phone with me so I don't really see the need for watches.

Iman74 06-09-2004 11:54 AM

LMAO

Are we that bored that we are now starting threads about watches? Hehehehe

Anyway I always wear a Seiko Quartz Sports 150 that my mother got me as a confirmation gift. I am now 30: many batteries, and one board later it's still ticking.

A lot people I see now don't bother wearing watches since they have cell phones that have the time on it, and is automatically set to the atomic clock.

Iman74 06-09-2004 11:57 AM

Re: Watches

I used to own one of those: I wonder what happened to it. Remember back in the 80's the show that tested what commercials say? They took that watch, and some NHL player give it a slap shot to the goal, and it was working just fine after.

Quote:

Originally posted by waskillywabbit

:guitar2:

Kmvreter 06-09-2004 01:29 PM

Yup, we're bored

Cheap Casio DataBank (for all the phone number storage and multiple alarms).
Nice Seiko for the rare suit occasion.
As Iman74 implied, I'll start a thread on another more intersting topic: food.