Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Problems & Warranty Issues (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/problems-and-warranty-issues/)
-   -   Electrical Problems (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/problems-and-warranty-issues/42879-electrical-problems.html)

jeremynwalker 10-30-2008 01:17 PM

Electrical Problems

My 05 4Runner has a few electrical problems. I assume they are electrical because of the behavior I've observed.

The fog lights won't turn on
Rear defrost won't turn on (panel light included)
Rear windshield wiper and fluid do not work

I checked the fuse for each item and they are fine and not burned out.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I am hoping there is a quick fix remedy or advice to track down the problem more thoroughly. I'd rather not take it to the dealer just yet.

Thanks

CJ3Flyr 10-30-2008 02:55 PM

Re: Electrical Problems

Quote:

Originally posted by jeremynwalker
My 05 4Runner has a few electrical problems. I assume they are electrical because of the behavior I've observed.

The fog lights won't turn on
Rear defrost won't turn on (panel light included)
Rear windshield wiper and fluid do not work

I checked the fuse for each item and they are fine and not burned out.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I am hoping there is a quick fix remedy or advice to track down the problem more thoroughly. I'd rather not take it to the dealer just yet.

Thanks

Sounds like a dumb question but are you sure both fog lamp bulbs are good?

jharris2 10-30-2008 06:53 PM

And double-check that the rear window is all the way up -- IIRC, the defroster and wiper don't work unless it's up all the way.

A/V1 11-02-2008 06:08 AM

This is probably a dumb question too, but when checking your fog lights, are your headlights on and not just the parking lights? Also they won't come on with the brights on.

bobizarro 06-08-2019 12:13 PM

Electrical Problems

my wife and i just bought a 05 Sport about a month ago it also has had a electrical problems and one thing i found out was this car has relays for just about everything i would suggest checking your relays there is 8 total relays (including the fog lights)that are same as the the fog light relay so just just switch them out ... ours had a bad relay and one light burned out.