Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Wanna trade my roof rack for your roof rack covers? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/48742-wanna-trade-my-roof-rack-your-roof-rack-covers.html)

Qyota 03-24-2009 09:57 PM

Wanna trade my roof rack for your roof rack covers?

I'm not going to use my OEM roof rack. I currently have it off, and have filled the holes with stainless machine screws and neoprene washers (and a dab of silicone). While this gets the job done, it'd be great to have the plastic/rubber strip on there instead. You know the ones that come on your T4R if you didn't get the OEM roof rack? :D

I'll trade you a roof rack for 'em...and you pay shipping.

Now, my roof rack is about 95% complete. It's missing one of the end caps (front right I believe), and I think one other small part. But, I have all the other hardware in a baggie, the main rails, the cross members, and the 3 middle cross-rails.

Let me know.

OR, if anyone knows where I can buy these strips new or used, that'd be cool too. I suppose I could call around to junkyards.

Thanks

david_ray320 03-25-2009 12:24 AM

Damnit! Where were you about 2 months ago when I could have used this exact deal?!?! Argh. :mad: This would have been absolutely perfect for my needs.

:D Well I have my roof rack covers I could probably send your way if you wanna work something out.

Also, maybe you could send me one of the end caps seeing as I broke one of mine in the process of installing the rack I bought off eBay.

ChildrenOfBodom 03-25-2009 01:14 AM

Wow, seriously, good deal.

My filler strips I thought were thrown away... I found them in the garage a few days ago

but they were in the sun so long that the middle hole broke... the hole itself is fine, the plastic that covers the metal cracked...

Qyota 03-25-2009 09:27 AM

bootown: I was actually going to paint the strips to match the body color...so I think it could look pretty nice.

Quote:

Originally posted by david_ray320
Damnit! Where were you about 2 months ago when I could have used this exact deal?!?! Argh. :mad: This would have been absolutely perfect for my needs.

:D Well I have my roof rack covers I could probably send your way if you wanna work something out.

Also, maybe you could send me one of the end caps seeing as I broke one of mine in the process of installing the rack I bought off eBay.

Ah, so it was YOU I was searching for! :D

How much do you want for your strips?

Thanks

david_ray320 03-25-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Qyota
Ah, so it was YOU I was searching for! :D

How much do you want for your strips?

Thanks

What do you think is reasonable/how much are you willing to pay? Obviously I don't want anything outrageous for them seeing as they're just two thin strips of plastic I'm not going to use anyway. And if you could throw in one of those end caps it'd be much obliged. $20 plus s&h?

Qyota 03-25-2009 11:57 AM

$20 + shipping sounds fair enough. It's going to take a long box!

I assume the strips are in good condition? Can you take a photo or two for me?

Also, which end cap are you missing?

david_ray320 03-25-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

$20 + shipping sounds fair enough. It's going to take a long box!

I assume the strips are in good condition? Can you take a photo or two for me?

Also, which end cap are you missing?

Yeah when I get back to school (home for spring break) I'll take a pic. I'll also give it a coat or two of Mother's Back-to-Black for ya before I send them out ;):

If you're looking at the car from the front, I'm missing the back end cap for the left side. So the rear end cap for the passenger side strip.

Yeah I don't know where I'm gonna find a box long enough, guess I'll make a trip out to OfficeMax or somewhere and see what they have.

Qyota 03-25-2009 12:47 PM

Cool. Actually, skip the back-to-black...I'm going to strip it and paint it anyway.

Thanks!

david_ray320 03-25-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Cool. Actually, skip the back-to-black...I'm going to strip it and paint it anyway.

Thanks!

No problem. I'll be back at my apartment at school on Sunday, I'll take some pics for ya then and we can discuss other details.

hrt4me 05-04-2013 05:11 PM

anybody else interested in doing this swap (I have the roof rack covers)...?

joeflem 05-07-2013 10:23 PM

Roof Rack

So are you still looking to give away the roof rack? I'll pay shipping to get it but not sure I'd want it if the end cap is going to someone else...