Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   (The Rest of) The Deep South (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/-the-rest-of-the-deep-south/)
-   -   Kentucky 4runner club (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/-the-rest-of-the-deep-south/49564-kentucky-4runner-club.html)

08UrbanRunner 04-15-2009 10:49 AM

Kentucky 4Runner Club

I think Kentucky needs an official 4runner club, but I need some back up. I would support starting it, unless someone can suggest that there may be an existing club. It could be based in Louisville, Lexington (where I am) or throughout the state. Any opinions?

-ps-
I keep seeing new and old 4runners around town and it annoys me that there is no way we can meet up. I wave to most, and have seen a few that could win the T4R of the month if they'd join this website. Anyways hopefully we can start or someone figure a place where we can meet, chill, hangout, camp, have fun, and off-road.

haddix 07-26-2009 01:03 PM

I didnt know there was anyone else from KY on here. I live in Richmond. Well actually about 2 miles from the clays ferry bridge. Idk if Ive ever seen you around but heres a pic of my runner..

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f5...5.jpg~original

kentuckyturbo 10-01-2009 04:39 AM

I am in the louisville area in kentucky as well i would love to meet up and learn some new things and maybe teach some as well i have an 87 4runner with 22rte and i just got it running again so please post back i need a local network!!!

JKloeker 10-07-2009 06:54 PM

I live in Northern Kentucky but would love to have some one to go wheeling with! My ride is stock and I don't have much off road experience but I would like to change both of those facts in the near future! Louisville and Lexington are both only about a hour away so I could meet up anywhere.

pittpanthers 10-22-2009 08:25 PM

Yea I live in Louisville and would defianlty be down for a meet up. Would like to learn some stuff from you guys and do some offroading l:jump:

08UrbanRunner 11-04-2009 09:01 PM

that's awesome that I finally found some other toyota people on here that are in KY. Check out Official Toyota 4Runner Club of Kentucky on facebook, I know that aren't many members...BUT, you gotta start somewhere. I figured it would be easier to talk on there, than try to contact each other through forums like this. But I'm here in lexington and looking for some all-terrains to get installed soon so I can go with my stock 4Runner. Nonetheless join the group or add me online, and see if we can meet up!!

aaronfro17 12-11-2009 11:27 AM

Add another from the Bluegrass.

08UrbanRunner 12-29-2009 01:39 AM

hey do any of you guys know a good place to meet up or drive to?
Like hangout and stuff, cookout, and then any places to off-road (beside private farms)??

RatGDH 07-11-2010 10:52 PM

I am near Harrodsburg and I just picked up a 2nd gen that needs some work. I was wondering if you guys ever did set up a group for Kentucky?

Greg

CHOP MEAT 07-29-2010 12:59 AM

Shout out Central KY - Mercer county too- up around Salvisa. Doubt I would be much help though - I just bought my 4runner Sat. lol - I'm a 3rd gen.
"I'll be waving back" - maybe we should all post a time and place and meet up like the bike and car clubs do and convoy up Hwy 68 from Shaker Town to Lexington. That would turn some heads... Not too long a trip but very scenic and enjoyable. BBQ and all - I think Eddie Montgomery drives a 4runner - Base our club at his steakhouse in Harrodsburg...

08UrbanRunner 07-29-2010 08:50 AM

yeah, I would most definitely be down for that! We should plan it in a month or so, then have everyone on here to set a date and agree upon it. I would be happy to helpout and excited about it

10majfar 08-13-2010 12:00 AM

If you guys ever come down to Somerset shoot me a message. We get a lot of guys from up north because of the lake here.

Presta24 02-05-2011 10:12 PM

I guess the KY thing never took off eh? Well count me in if that changes, Im in grant co (nky)

dmaccr 12-13-2011 02:29 PM

Kentucky 4Runner Club Idea

Is anybody still watchin this thread??

I live in Lexington KY and I drive a 05 Sport 4x4, metallic grey. I am looking to do some light offroading and looking for people to go with. So far I have found several off-road parks within 2 hours of Lexington. Let me know if your interested and we can meet up to have some fun off road.

All I have is a daystar 2.5/1.5 lift so far with some worn out Cooper Discoverer ATR tires so I am not looking for any extreme off-road action. I want to go with 285/70R17 Discoverer AT3 tires next.

Here is my list of off-road parks.

Maysville, KY
Big Rock Off Road Park

Bedford, KY
Dirty Turtle Offroad - Bedford, Kentucky

Demossville, KY
Bills 491 Off road

Slade, KY (Fire trails in National Park)
Trails in Slade, KY/Natural Bridge?? - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

dmaccr 12-21-2011 02:58 PM

I guess we should just join up with this group when they go. They just went wheelin at Slade in November with three Tacomas.

http://www.kyttora.com/forum/