Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Problems & Warranty Issues (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/problems-and-warranty-issues/)
-   -   Left Blinker Problem *NEED HELP*! (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/problems-and-warranty-issues/53410-left-blinker-problem-*need-help*.html)

Trdsupranick 08-09-2009 02:48 PM

Left Blinker Problem *NEED HELP*!

Hi all,

Hope the summer is going awesome for everyone!

I noticed yesterday when I locked my truck with the fob..the left blinker turn signal light was not flashing.

I jumped in the car and used the left turn signal and the turn signal light was not flashing and the green arrow on the dash was clicking reallly fast . I tested the right turn signal and everything worked normal and the green arrow moved normal and blinked fine.

This afternoon I jumped in and the left turn signal works and the blinker works normal now??? It seems fine? What was the problem??

What do you think this is? Bad fuse? Bad turn signal bulb? loose bulb? I am nervous now that there is a issue.

Any Ideas? What should I do?

morphius909 08-09-2009 02:50 PM

The fast turn signal to me indicates the fuse for the turn signal is going. At least all the other cars I've owned I've found this.

Have a look in the T4R manual and see where the fuse is.

I'm sure others on here will offer more indepth insight.

borgzman 08-09-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trdsupranick (Post 436689)
..the left blinker turn signal light was not flashing.

.. left turn signal and the turn signal light was not flashing and the green arrow on the dash was clicking reallly fast ..

Were both front and rear left turn signal light not flashing? also do you have DRL in your turn signal lights?

MikesToy 08-09-2009 04:19 PM

Check both. Bulbs and fuses.

toto 08-09-2009 04:37 PM

First place I'd look is the bulb.

MikesToy 08-09-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toto (Post 436720)
First place I'd look is the bulb.

I'd look at the fuse first. It's easier to get into and replace.

Mark86 08-09-2009 11:39 PM

I am 100% sure that it is the sign of a failing bulb. The blinker should flash very quickly if one bulb is burnt. On my parents GX, the left signal bulb started to fail intermittently and finally went a week or two later. This occurred when the truck was 1 year old.

It is funny because the left signal bulb decided not to work for 30 minutes during our road trip. Luckily, it came back on after an hour or so. I am starting to wonder if this issue was related to the severe rain storm we drove through.

Stick Figure 08-09-2009 11:50 PM

It would be a bulb or wiring problem, fuse would cause multiple lights to be out.

gm350reratliff 08-10-2009 10:08 AM

Most likely a bulb issue. The filament in the bulb is broken on one side and re-attaching itself every now and then.

SubSonic 08-10-2009 11:15 AM

Agreed it is likely a bulb issue. 'Fast blinking' indicates a malfunctioning or burned out bulb 99% of the time - on all modern makes and models.

If it were the fuse, it would not be affecting just 1 bulb (would likely be affecting all turn bulbs on all corners, parking lights too, maybe even more).

If it happens again, park, check to see which lights are working and which aren't. My bet says it is a lone turn signal bulb.

Trdsupranick 08-10-2009 08:10 PM

Thanks guys for all your info!! I will check the fuse...and the bulb....and give a update...hope its the fuse..

is it hard to get into the left turn signal bulb casing?

Mark86 08-10-2009 11:46 PM

You can either access the bulbs from under the hood or from underneath the truck. It is not too hard.

Uneek 08-12-2009 02:59 AM

It's going to be a bulb, more likely than a fuse.

I disagree, it's much easier to check a bulb. Put the signal or hazard on and do a walk around.

Most Japanese cars when the signals flash rapidly, it's a indication a bulb has gone out. You should replace the bulb quickly as extended rapid flashing will shorten the flasher's life.

Trdsupranick 08-12-2009 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uneek (Post 437581)
It's going to be a bulb, more likely than a fuse.

I disagree, it's much easier to check a bulb. Put the signal or hazard on and do a walk around.

Most Japanese cars when the signals flash rapidly, it's a indication a bulb has gone out. You should replace the bulb quickly as extended rapid flashing will shorten the flasher's life.

Thanks!....The bulb it was! Took 5 mins.!

Santa Fe Runner 05-31-2015 04:56 PM

Turn signal is out but don't think it's the bulb/fuse

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trdsupranick (Post 436689)
Hi all,

Hope the summer is going awesome for everyone!

I noticed yesterday when I locked my truck with the fob..the left blinker turn signal light was not flashing.

I jumped in the car and used the left turn signal and the turn signal light was not flashing and the green arrow on the dash was clicking reallly fast . I tested the right turn signal and everything worked normal and the green arrow moved normal and blinked fine.

This afternoon I jumped in and the left turn signal works and the blinker works normal now??? It seems fine? What was the problem??

What do you think this is? Bad fuse? Bad turn signal bulb? loose bulb? I am nervous now that there is a issue.

Any Ideas? What should I do?

I have the same problem with my 04 except it's with the right side turn signal. It is also DRL. I've tried replacing the bulbs, I checked the fuses and no

problem, and I even replaced the bulb connector! Nothing has worked that I've tried. The back blinker is working but it's blinking really fast and as well as

the green arrow on the dashboard. Do I have a wiring or grounding problem? Help!!!