Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Introduction (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/54747-introduction.html)

signal85 09-10-2009 10:51 PM

Introduction

Well I have been lurking on this site for quite some time and felt it was time intro myself.
I live in CT and Have owned my 4runner since Aug 2008. I have wanted one for about 9 years and looked for for mine for 2 years. The runner is a 2000 sport model Imperial jade mica 5spd 4x4 it had 74000 on the clock (85 now) And I can Honestly say that if I walked into a dealer in 2000 this is exactly what I would have gotten Everything I need nothing I don't. Previous owner was VG with maintance even did the timing belt/water pump at 71000
So took a family loan from my father-in-law (god rest his soul) to buy it. this worked out well at 0 % interest. worked out even better when he relieved me from the loan obligation 1/2 through the total payback. Final cost about $4200 Unfor he passed this july and I will miss him

so far I have done the following

changed all fluids to Amsoil syn
bilistien shocks
Alpine 9886
nokian tires
tinted front windows to match back
bull bar
silver star bulbs

curently waiting (on back order) custom rear sway bar. have front ready to install

Also have NIB TRD supercharger. Waiting for $$ to get URD 7 injector kit and all necessary items to support that mod. chomp'n at the bit on this but I want to do it right.

I will post pics soon

Doug

gptoy96 09-10-2009 10:58 PM

Welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into this truck and sounds really clean, also nice to have that family loan as well as the 1/2 payment. At least you can think of him every time you jump in your truck.

:worthless

96743runner 09-11-2009 05:30 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know how hard it is to lose someone close to you, but just remember the happy times that you had with him.

LINY4Runner 09-11-2009 07:00 AM

:welcome:
nice to see another northeastern 4Runner on here. I'm down on Long Island. We've got a facebook page going too, you should join. Maybe we can get a northeast 4Runner meet going on one day. Here's the link:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...d=145891641216

oh, and lets see some pics!!

JohnsD90 09-11-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by signal85 (Post 448181)
Well I have been lurking on this site for quite some time and felt it was time intro myself.
I live in CT and Have owned my 4runner since Aug 2008. I have wanted one for about 9 years and looked for for mine for 2 years. The runner is a 2000 sport model Imperial jade mica 5spd 4x4 it had 74000 on the clock (85 now) And I can Honestly say that if I walked into a dealer in 2000 this is exactly what I would have gotten Everything I need nothing I don't. Previous owner was VG with maintance even did the timing belt/water pump at 71000
So took a family loan from my father-in-law (god rest his soul) to buy it. this worked out well at 0 % interest. worked out even better when he relieved me from the loan obligation 1/2 through the total payback. Final cost about $4200 Unfor he passed this july and I will miss him

so far I have done the following

changed all fluids to Amsoil syn
bilistien shocks
Alpine 9886
nokian tires
tinted front windows to match back
bull bar
silver star bulbs

curently waiting (on back order) custom rear sway bar. have front ready to install

Also have NIB TRD supercharger. Waiting for $$ to get URD 7 injector kit and all necessary items to support that mod. chomp'n at the bit on this but I want to do it right.

I will post pics soon

Doug

What part of CT, im in Ridgefield.

ric 09-11-2009 11:47 PM

John, Welcome sorry to hear about your Dad, sounds like a great man. wheres the pix of the Runner ??? :cool: you know you cant tease us like that, lol

ric 09-11-2009 11:53 PM

hey, looks like I got the names wrong, soo sorry John and Doug :beer:

signal85 09-12-2009 10:01 PM

Thanks all for the condolences
pics sometime soon
to answer you JohnsD90 I am up in Granby
Doug

ChildrenOfBodom 09-12-2009 10:52 PM

sorry from me too.

I do very much like your truck! great taste!

welcome (as a poster I suppose)

JohnsD90 09-12-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LINY4Runner (Post 448259)
:welcome:
nice to see another northeastern 4Runner on here. I'm down on Long Island. We've got a facebook page going too, you should join. Maybe we can get a northeast 4Runner meet going on one day. Here's the link:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...d=145891641216

oh, and lets see some pics!!

hes like an hour from me and im a already an 1:15 minutes from JFK, and ur at the tip of LI

LINY4Runner 09-13-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnsD90 (Post 448847)
hes like an hour from me and im a already an 1:15 minutes from JFK, and ur at the tip of LI

dude I'll drive anywhere in the tri-state to get a northeast 4runner meet/trail run happening