Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/)
-   -   What would you do if you win the lotto? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/55050-what-would-you-do-if-you-win-lotto.html)

MikesToy 09-17-2009 10:21 PM

What would you do if you win the lotto?

If i win, i ain't working anymore. F**k that. And i ain't gonna be stupid like some celebrities and sports players are either. :keyboard:

Roams001 09-17-2009 10:28 PM

2 chicks at the same time...

ric 09-17-2009 10:28 PM

this is going to be fun, lol

If I ever won, only my (amediate) family and closest friends would know.
Depending on how much I won, first thing is Id buy a house with a car garage, then pay off all my bills, my family and closest friends would be taken care of..

Thai 09-17-2009 11:02 PM

I am similar to Ric. I would continue to work because i do like to keep sharp with my mind and i do like what i do. But, i will work part-time only and in a government setting (e.g. VA hospital...less sue rate). I would keep the same cozy house, but i may upgrade my wife's car to something more luxurious. I may get a 2010 Prius for commuting. But, overall, i would not change much of my life. Of course, it is easy to say that now when i don't have the millions...if it does happen, then i just may go crazy like those celebrities! :D

VNT 09-17-2009 11:05 PM

I would like to keep the fact that I won a secret as much as possible. I still would work, invest, pay off some bills and take trips to all these places that are on my wish list. Perhaps a donation for a good cause.

techno 09-17-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roams001 (Post 450911)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...k.jpg~original

XJeepguy 09-18-2009 12:05 AM

50 or so acres and a nice house in the country and one BIG ass shop , I mean 5000-10000 sq ft. ,heated and air conditioned , equipped to the nuts with top of the line everything ! Keep working ? Are ya kidding me ? I never quite understood the mindset of these people who win big money and on the TV you hear them say " yes we will both still keep our jobs". Bleh !
I'd be so busy working on vehicles I would be collecting I would barely have time to enjoy my big house :D

Uneek 09-18-2009 03:30 AM

Tell my manager I'm going work part time. I need to stay busy since I have all this new found free time, but more likely than not, my friends can't just go "kicking it" every day of the year.

nated05 09-18-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roams001 (Post 450911)

Hahaha..thanks for the laugh!!

I would quit my job and find a hobby. Im sure I would get bored if I didnt. Pay off the debt of myself and all of my friends and family.

RonMAIDEN 09-18-2009 01:50 PM

I guess it depends on if your job is something you really want to do if you were to continue to work.

I personally wouldn't have time for work as travel and my hobbies would keep me busy plus who knows how your atitudes would change but it also can depend on how much you won;there is a huge diff between winning a million,winning 20 mil or winning 250 mil.

RonMAIDEN 09-18-2009 01:55 PM

Oh yeah,if I did win a big lotto then I'd be the first to have a lifted and armored 5th gen..............

.................in each color.:biggrin2:

JAC 09-18-2009 02:01 PM

If its like over 4 million dollars

Pay off my bills(they are not that much...thanks GOD).. Buy me and 08-09 4th gener 4x4 4runner and do all the badass offroading mods. Buy me a BMW back in Panama. Take care of my mother and pay some of my siblings debts. Buy me a Beach House in Isla Grande Panama. buy me a brand new 2010 4runner and work part time here in the US. put the rest of the money in a bank account in Panama so I dont have to report taxes here in the US for that money. Give about 25k to an helping institution here in the US.

If its more I will give some more to help others in need

Theothertyler 09-18-2009 02:50 PM

1. Call my best friend and move him from Wytheville to Orlando to be my personal lawyer.
2. Hire the most anal, dorky, workaholic CPA I could find.
3. Pay off my parents' house.
4. Pay for my sister's college.
5. Help my office through busy season, then promptly leave.
6. Back to school for PhD and "retire" as a professor at a good school.

Not that I've thought this out or anything.

I'm also unfortunate enough to know that for Powerball to be a positive expected value play with a single winner, the jackpot has to be over $283 million. But it's actually higher because of taxes and the chance of multiple jackpot winners. It's pretty sad when I'm in Publix or 7-11 and I see someone putting $40-50 down on lotto tickets. But I guess it's their money and they can spend however they see fit.

MikesToy 09-18-2009 06:48 PM

First, i'd pay ALL of my bills and maybe keep 2 credit cards open.
Second, buy ALL the toys i want (cars, trucks, suvs, stereos, electronic devices, clothes, etc.) so i'll be busy detailing, modding, downloading, etc.
Third, mix travel with pleasure (fishing, hunting, 4-wheeling, racing, snowboarding, surfing) so i still be busy.
Fourth, go back to college and just like the guy above said "have 2 or more chicks at a time". :bigok:

4Runner8 09-23-2009 08:34 PM

sorry but i wouldnt even tell my parents even if i won 200 million because they would spill it then i would have their crazy ass friends and whoever else asking for money. i just wouldnt tell anyone, id quit work, and start living large, if anyone asks i own 25 sweat shops in the phillipines making nike shoes :) i would have 1 of every generation 4runner. 1st gen= rock crawler 2nd gen= mudder 3rd gen= technical trails (everything) 4th gen= desert runner and another 4th gen= technical trails with SAS and a 5th gen=dont know yet?? i probably wouldnt even buy a big house either. i would just get a descent sized one with all the goodies and a 10 car garage in the back:) oh and i would have a murdered out Lamborghini Murcialago :) (bat mobile baby!!!)