Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Problems & Warranty Issues (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/problems-and-warranty-issues/)
-   -   rear wiper / washer not working (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/problems-and-warranty-issues/56451-rear-wiper-washer-not-working.html)

thholr 10-23-2009 02:44 PM

rear wiper / washer not working

today my rear wiper and washer stopped working. When I turn the wiper on nothing happens. The rear spray doesn't work either. I tried taking another of the 15A fuse and replacing the one labeld RR WSH but that didnt do anything. Any ideas what to look for at this point ?

drmorbius 10-23-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thholr (Post 464429)
today my rear wiper and washer stopped working. When I turn the wiper on nothing happens. The rear spray doesn't work either. I tried taking another of the 15A fuse and replacing the one labeld RR WSH but that didnt do anything. Any ideas what to look for at this point ?

Roll the rear window down and then back up, and make sure it's all the way up.

RonMAIDEN 10-23-2009 08:02 PM

How full is your resevoir? I always kept mine topped off and the first time it got low the rear quit working but the front works so I just added more and discovered it is by design just to give you warning when it's low.

Just a suggestion since it's a rarely noticed situation.

FredsBuddy 12-23-2011 11:35 AM

Excellent advice to simply roll the rear window down and then back up. I did this and everything worked fine. Thank you.

wingwalker 01-01-2012 08:19 AM

Rear wiper not working

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmorbius (Post 464431)

Thanks! It worked- Had same problem......

dpav02 01-01-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

+1 This worked for me as well. I just got a certified preowned 2006 4Runner Sport and this had me FREAKED out.

Granted, I have a 12,000 / 1 year bumper to bumper. But still. I would have been JACKED.

Thanks for the advice!

dbesww 11-24-2013 10:23 PM

Thanks

Very helpful. Worked great.

delz05 10-31-2014 05:29 PM

Works great!

Quote:

Just wanted to bring this back to the forefront... my daughter had this issue, no rear wiper or washer.

After checking the fuses (all OK...) I did the forum search and the simple solution arises!

Maybe next time I will search here first.... another reason why this is such a great forum...

Mr.BDK 12-03-2014 05:21 AM

Rear Wiper/Spray Problem Fixed!

Thanks drmorbius! Your advice to roll the rear window down then back up again fixed my rear wiper problem too! I guess that's a safety feature. The windows are supposed to automatically stop rolling up if something like your HEAD is stuck in there but I hope I never need to use that feature!

BillyD77 12-05-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Excellent! Just solved the same problem, thanks to your advice. Thanks again!

Bill

Das Capitolin 12-29-2014 01:24 AM

Quote:

Taking the rear window down a bit and back up worked like a charm. Thank you for helping the community.

abin 02-28-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Happened to me. It works. Thanks.:zoom:

Fred Ritchie 07-07-2016 09:50 AM

Window down, window up, problem gone. Aces! Now, how about making my lumbar support work. Maybe kick a tire, turn directional on and off or maybe swing a chicken over my head!? Gotta' love these trucks!

fcarms 10-02-2016 12:48 PM

rear wiper washer

Worked as exactly as stated. Thanks

OnAll4 11-29-2016 11:47 AM

2013 Trail Rear Wiper

Rolling the window down and back up worked! Thank you!!