Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Polls (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/polls/)
-   -   best color? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/polls/6658-best-color.html)

aamills 11-12-2004 12:10 PM

best color?

What is the best color for a 4runner?

Good Times 11-12-2004 01:22 PM

hey don't forget us w/ the green ones too! ;)

sharp4runr 11-12-2004 01:33 PM

well this is pretty subjective, it's going to turn into what color is your 4runner...

Cleric 11-12-2004 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Good Times
hey don't forget us w/ the green ones too! ;)
Yeah...my color is not listed...

But I still choose Pacific Blue

slowginjoe 11-12-2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sharp4runr
well this is pretty subjective, it's going to turn into what color is your 4runner...
actually i voted for the white even though i have titanium, i like the way the white looks the best but for some reason not on my own truck, i'm kinda weird like that...

sharp4runr 11-12-2004 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by slowginjoe
actually i voted for the white even though i have titanium, i like the way the white looks the best but for some reason not on my own truck, i'm kinda weird like that...
haha, yeah i voted for white for the same reason even though I said what I did above. I like white, but not for my truck. too hard to keep clean looking

Luxury 11-12-2004 09:27 PM

I almost voted for white too. The titanium is an amazing color too, but both look best with no grey cladding and silver roof racks & running boards.

I stuck with my black though for a few reasons.
  1. Looks good with black roof racks and boards too.
  2. One is that I like that there is no contrast between the hood scoop opening and the hood and for the grill.
  3. I also really like black rims and think they look best on a black vehicle.
  4. The chrome also pops nicely with the black.
  5. Shuei fender flares have a black edge to them at the connection to the body.
  6. I haven't noticed it looking much dirtier than cars of lighter colors.
With that said, I must note that the titanium with all silver/titanium boards, racks, & cladding, has a very unique look that you don't see anywhere else. Sorry, for not following the one sentence post trend.

slowginjoe 11-12-2004 10:18 PM

wow, white should just win honorary first place! it's like kellog's corn flakes, adults just won't admit they love it!

bulldog-yota 11-15-2004 08:46 PM

titanium rules!!!!! :D

I have had many white cars before, they are actually very easy to clean and dont show scratches easily. They also look cleaner even when they are dirty. Black is probably the most painful color to keep looking nice and clean.

The problem with white is when you hit mud and stuff. I just dont like white anymore, looks too plain.

Gryphon 11-16-2004 08:26 PM

Green Green Green!!!! Just like what I drive!

Forest green, hunter green, even British Racing green!

aamills 11-29-2004 07:46 PM

I am surpised only 27 voted. The reason I ask for a 'best color' (maybe a better word is 'favorite color' seen on the road) is because here locally the colors are silver and gray.
I plan to go to chicago sometime to check out the colors in person. So far what I would say is my favorite color I have seen on this website is Stratosphere Mica. But of course this is on the compurter and not in person. And of course this is personal preference.

Hank 11-30-2004 03:33 AM

best color to show off the nice wax job: BLACK
best color to show off the mirror-gloss paint: BLACK
best color to show off the dirt/mud: BLACK
:)

Luxury 11-30-2004 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaDoodz
You forgot water spots . . . :D
I can vouch for that......sprinklers have attacked my car a couple times.

Hank 12-01-2004 04:05 AM

That's what the MR. CLEAN auto wash is for (98% effective if used correctly, imo). The other bad thing is parking it outdoors like I do with mine. :p Just curious, how often do you guys/gals wax your vehicle? (black & non-black vehicles)

loudog2 12-01-2004 06:54 AM

titanium!! or anything silver. I have had many automobiles(2 silver/titanium, 2 white, 2 black,1 blue). Titanium and silver is the cleanest looking, black looks the best when clean and waxed(gets dirty fast). White seemed to dull for me, plus it to always looked dirty, even a day after I cleaned it. I'm a clean car freak!!