Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Classic T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/classic-t4rs/)
-   -   No light in dashboard.. 90' T4r V6 (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/classic-t4rs/78881-no-light-dashboard-90-t4r-v6.html)

hjalti_gto 12-22-2010 04:31 PM

No light in dashboard.. 90' T4r V6

Hi, The light in my dashboard stoped working the other day .. but everything else works, what can this be??

fourwd1 12-22-2010 07:22 PM

Which light ??

2Walker5RS 12-22-2010 08:11 PM

Id say dirty dimmer switch...

hjalti_gto 12-22-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourwd1 (Post 674244)
Which light ??

Where the speedometer and rpm tachometer are , The light in the thermal center is still there

fourwd1 12-23-2010 12:38 AM

If it were the dimmer switch all the lights would be affected.
If just one light is out, well, bulbs don't last forever, they burn out.

hjalti_gto 12-23-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourwd1 (Post 674425)
If it were the dimmer switch all the lights would be affected.
If just one light is out, well, bulbs don't last forever, they burn out.

strange that all the bulbs in the dashboard go at the same time

cometobanks 12-23-2010 01:03 AM

Those are all powered by a printed circuit board and I believe they are wired in sequence. As your rig vibrates it can wear through the contacts on the circuit board. if that happened on light bulb #1 you would lose 2,3,4,5, ect.

At least thats what happened to mine. Its pretty easy to test that board with a multi meter.

fourwd1 12-23-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cometobanks
Those are all powered by a printed circuit board and I believe they are wired in sequence.

All the illumination bulbs are wired in parallel, that way if one goes out, the others remain lit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hjalti_gto
strange that all the bulbs in the dashboard go at the same time

You said bulb, not bulbs in your original post.

Either way you will have to take out the instrument cluster to troubleshoot and repair the problem, whether it's bad bulb(s) or bad wiring.

cometobanks 12-23-2010 11:12 AM

I can only speak from my own experience. I fixed the "wiggled through" spot on the printed board and instrument lights started working again.