Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   easy or cheap mods? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/87224-easy-cheap-mods.html)

sethish17 04-11-2011 09:25 PM

easy or cheap mods?

Im looking to do some work on my 4runner, problem is im low on money but I really enjoy working my truck. Im not necessarily looking for something "easy" but something under $100. I've read about a some of mods like the deckplate mod, the diff breather mod and the irs mod. what would you suggest I do. Oh and I offroad alot so is there anything that is really beneficial to offroading?

fightman80 04-11-2011 09:42 PM

If you want bang for your buck.....do the Diff Breather mod...it's easy, and only costs like $20.00 tops! The deck plate mod is pretty easy and cheap too!

Ultimately, the best mod you could ever do to your truck....is clean and wax it! Makes an old girl look like new!

If you're not into clean trucks, then spend the dough on whatever other doodads you want! HA HA!

Post up a pic of your rig! :guitar3:

xskydivingdudex 04-11-2011 09:50 PM

Doesnt help with offroading but u could change out ur gauge cluster lighting (color change), paint emblems, add some auxiliary lighting, cb radio, HIDs, etc.

There are a billion mods u could do though it depends on which u find is more necessary for ur needs then others.

This link is not for cheap or easy mods but its a good place to start to see if there are mods u want to get done... All the Mods that can be done to a 3rd gen 4runner. Contest! Who knows the most? - YotaTech Forums

kokbagg 04-11-2011 10:18 PM

take off the running boards!

sethish17 04-11-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokbagg (Post 755844)
take off the running boards!

just did that the other day! it looks great!

MrBobDobalina 04-11-2011 11:48 PM

I + the detail and some modernizing mods for the interior, etc....Overall the engine and drivetrain of these trucks is so finely tuned already there is justa few things you can do without shelling out some serious dough. Deckplate mod is probably the biggest and only mod you would do to the engine for below a $100....Next would be some headers and exhaust...Check eBay for headers and exhaust (I am sure some people will flame for that, but its cheap and works for the price.) Additionally with exhaust, you may want to ensure that you have a specific sound/tone to your vehicle when you drive, so you may want to research some mufflers...Keep us posted!! Good luck!