Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   T4R Meet Announcements & Info (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/t4r-meet-announcements-and-info/)
-   -   Sc,ga,nc meet (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/t4r-meet-announcements-and-info/87494-sc-ga-nc-meet.html)

Clemsonfan15 04-15-2011 11:50 AM

SC,GA,NC Meet

There seems to be more activity from this area than in the past. I figured it might be good to try and set up a meet of some sort.

I was thinking Gulches would a good place. They seem to have every time of trail, from easy to challenging. It's also in a good location. I think people from Western NC, Northeast GA, and Upstate and Midland SC could make it within about 2 hours.

Let me know if you're interested.

Here are some videos and websites to give you an idea of what they have to offer.

Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park
Map of park: http://www.gulchesorvpark.com/Map_of_Gulches%202010.pdf
General video of park: YouTube - My Movie
Lots of videos of the different trails: YouTube - fyrdawg589's Channel

Edit: Trip scheduled for July 9th

PalmettoRunner 06-02-2011 10:58 AM

I'm still in, I'll be out of town in mid july and the first week of august but other than that I'm pretty open.

Carolinafan 06-03-2011 02:38 PM

Let's go man!:party: I guess after Clemson is done with classes we can ride...

RedDragonATL 06-03-2011 06:48 PM

I am interested, depending on the date. Will watch this thread.

PalmettoRunner 06-04-2011 01:04 AM

Alright well I was gonna say the 1st or 2nd of july but that might interfere with some peoples 4th plans, anyone have any issues? The first is a friday but I'm thinking that might not be enough time, saturday you would have all day and more people would probably be able to make it.

Clemsonfan15 06-04-2011 01:16 AM

Maybe the last weekend in June or the second in July?

I think a Saturday or Sunday would be best. They open at 10 on Saturday and 11 on Sunday I think.

PalmettoRunner 06-04-2011 01:31 AM

The later the better for me as I want to try and get my lift on beforehand.

J/K if more people can do it early I'm all for it... but for real though, lift!

yota man 06-07-2011 07:20 PM

I'd be down to go also. I've been wanting to get out there for a while. As long as its not the weekend of July 16th I'd probably be able to go.

Clemsonfan15 06-07-2011 09:22 PM

As far as I know I can be free every weekend except for Father's Day, July 4th, and July 23rd.

yota man 06-07-2011 10:17 PM

I could most likely do July 9th.

It looks like that would work for you too and give Palmetto a whole month to get his lift done.

Clemsonfan15 06-07-2011 10:23 PM

Yeah man. I like that.

What do y'all think PalmettoRunner, RedDragonATL, and Carolinafan?

I would love to see some more guys from this site show up too.

PalmettoRunner 06-08-2011 10:56 AM

I'm going to be going out of town close to the 9th but might be able to squeak it in, do you guys wanna shoot for that?

How far of a drive from ATL is it, I know there are a bunch of guys down there... and where are the charleston and charlotte cats!?!

Clemsonfan15 06-08-2011 05:04 PM

It's around 3 hours from Atlanta and 2:15 from Charleston.

mireland4390 06-08-2011 06:21 PM

damn! i wish this was way sooner! im actually visiting family in blairsville GA but am leaving 2marow. have actually done a little trail riding for the first time and me and the wife are addicted! we might be able to come back up and meet up with you guys the 2nd week in july....i just hope my stock 2wd would be able to keep up atleast a little bit....

but i will keep my eye on the thread and see if we can make it...would it be ok if we bring along my wife's gparents? they dont have a t4r but they love going trail riding in their wrangler

Clemsonfan15 06-08-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mireland4390 (Post 798979)
damn! i wish this was way sooner! im actually visiting family in blairsville GA but am leaving 2marow. have actually done a little trail riding for the first time and me and the wife are addicted! we might be able to come back up and meet up with you guys the 2nd week in july....i just hope my stock 2wd would be able to keep up atleast a little bit....

but i will keep my eye on the thread and see if we can make it...would it be ok if we bring along my wife's gparents? they dont have a t4r but they love going trail riding in their wrangler

Why not? I don't see a problem with that.

Check out the videos and map I posted. I think you could do quite a few of the trails.

On a side note, have y'all been to the Dillard House? It's a family style restaurant in Dillard GA. Good food.