Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Gobi Stealth Rack (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/90124-gobi-stealth-rack.html)

MeBe4running 05-22-2011 03:51 PM

Gobi Stealth Rack

8 Attachment(s)
Guys and Girls. This rack is AMAZING! I highly recommended anyone out there looking for a TOUGH well manufactured roof rack, don't look anywhere else.

I met the owner of the company and his wife and they are the nicest most honest people I have met in a long time. He installed the rack for me at his shop (no charge). I tested the rack at high speeds on my long drive home and was thoroughly impressed DIDN'T HERE A THING!

I also got the ladder which wont be in still June 6th. With that I also decided to get the high lift mounts and axe and shovel. See Pictures:

If anyone want close up detailed shots of anything on the roof rack, let me know. :)

TxCJ3Pilot 05-22-2011 04:00 PM

Rack

Nice rack!

MrGrimm 05-22-2011 08:14 PM

Nice. Is this the one that has the wiring already installed for the lights?

Co4runnin 05-22-2011 09:11 PM

Looks awesome. Do you have any shots of the truck from the side and 3/4 shot with the rack on it? Also, did you notice any drop in MPGs.

MeBe4running 05-22-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGrimm (Post 786956)
Nice. Is this the one that has the wiring already installed for the lights?

Yes, it is. Its pre-wired for x4 spots on front and x2 on the back. I will take some more shots to show you.

MeBe4running 05-22-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co4runnin (Post 787003)
Looks awesome. Do you have any shots of the truck from the side and 3/4 shot with the rack on it? Also, did you notice any drop in MPGs.

So far I haven't. I will keep you posted on that. I guess it will just a little due to wind drag, however not enough to sweat it. I have a scan gauge with is pretty dam accurate. So will let you know. Sweet profile pic, where do you ski?

Co4runnin 05-23-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeBe4running (Post 787089)
So far I haven't. I will keep you posted on that. I guess it will just a little due to wind drag, however not enough to sweat it. I have a scan gauge with is pretty dam accurate. So will let you know. Sweet profile pic, where do you ski?

Awesome, thanks. I'm really interested in the gobi.

As for skiing, the profile pic is from Snowbird, UT. I usually get the 5 mtn Epic Pass and this last season I made a big Utah trip with some friends (Alta, Snowbird, Canyons) and a Montana trip to Big Sky. This last season was truly epic, and its crazy that abasin is still getting hit with snow.

Balcs1 05-23-2011 02:51 AM

Rigid Industries

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co4runnin (Post 787168)

As for skiing, the profile pic is from Snowbird, UT. I usually get the 5 mtn Epic Pass and this last season I made a big Utah trip with some friends (Alta, Snowbird, Canyons) and a Montana trip to Big Sky. This last season was truly epic, and its crazy that abasin is still getting hit with snow.

I ordered mine last week. I also Ordered the rear Ladder amd the sunroof Insert. Check into the 6inch E Series Rigid LED Lights to get with it ( 2160 Lumens each.) They build the rack with the Rigid Mounts. I have 4, 6inch LED Lights for the front and 2 Pia floods for the rear. Gobi has been great so far to deal with and I am looking forward to getting it.
Off Road LED Lights | LED Lights | Rigid LED Lights

kingpin748 05-23-2011 03:28 AM

If someone doesn't post a picture of a ladder soon I'm going to start throwing punches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balcs1 (Post 787194)
I ordered mine last week. I also Ordered the rear Ladder amd the sunroof Insert. Check into the 6inch E Series Rigid LED Lights to get with it ( 2160 Lumens each.) They build the rack with the Rigid Mounts. I have 4, 6inch LED Lights for the front and 2 Pia floods for the rear. Gobi has been great so far to deal with and I am looking forward to getting it.

You're going to get double punched if you don't post pictures of that also.

Don't make me drive down from Canada.

adio3x 05-23-2011 03:51 AM

Quote:

Doing the exact same setup except for some Hella micro ff fogs in the rear.

MeBe4running 05-23-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingpin748 (Post 787197)
If someone doesn't post a picture of a ladder soon I'm going to start throwing punches.

You're going to get double punched if you don't post pictures of that also.

Don't make me drive down from Canada.

Fair enough! The ladder was being finished at their power-coating factory. (the prototype). I promise to post images on 6 June, when I get mine.

The Ladder is really neat!

MeBe4running 05-23-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adio3x (Post 787201)
Doing the exact same setup except for some Hella micro ff fogs in the rear.

I'm Waiting for these 1inch L.E.D's for the rear. I will find there info and post.

MeBe4running 05-23-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Thanks buddy, will check those out. Rigid industries are bringing out 1 inch L.E.D's (rumor has it) which I was thinking for the rear of the rack.

MeBe4running 05-23-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co4runnin (Post 787168)

JEALOUS! Dieing to ski Utah! I got the epic pass for vail,beaver,keystone etc... but mainly skied Ajax, highlands, snowmass and good old Buttermilk. Can't complain good season though! Planning a big road trip next year to Utah with some chum's from out east. You should come!

TxCJ3Pilot 05-23-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

The Rigid LEDs are bad azzed! and VERY expensive!