Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Extended Studs Without A Spacer? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/93192-extended-studs-without-spacer.html)

SCRunner12 07-07-2011 12:50 PM

Extended Studs Without A Spacer?

Can you add extended length studs without adding a spacers on the front struts? I have a set of tundra struts I'm planing on putting in, but I'm not sure if I will want top plate spacers or not. I don't want to put the struts in and end up wanting more height and have to pay someone to reassemble the struts with extended studs.

Mauzer 07-07-2011 05:29 PM

I have extended studs and no spacer, and I'm runnnig Tundra TRD coils...you should be fine

SCRunner12 07-07-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mauzer (Post 817231)
I have extended studs and no spacer, and I'm runnnig Tundra TRD coils...you should be fine

Just what I was looking for. Thanks. Where did you get your studs at?

Mauzer 07-07-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCRunner12 (Post 817234)
Just what I was looking for. Thanks. Where did you get your studs at?

My buddy just had them laying around, I had to cut one of my shock bolts off the top hat so we just replaced all the studs since he had em

SCRunner12 07-07-2011 06:37 PM

Ok I just found some at wheeler's. $15 for the nuts and bolts. REVTEK Lift Kits for Toyota from Wheeler's Off-Road I will probably just go this route. Thanks.

t4r4life 08-23-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCRunner12 (Post 817271)
Ok I just found some at wheeler's. $15 for the nuts and bolts. REVTEK Lift Kits for Toyota from Wheeler's Off-Road I will probably just go this route. Thanks.

thats a horrible lift man get the right setup from the get go trust me.

SCRunner12 08-23-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t4r4life (Post 850886)
thats a horrible lift man get the right setup from the get go trust me.

I have a set of Tundra struts sitting in my office that I'm putting on. I just need a set of spacers to add the extra lift. No spacer lift for me. I like my 4runner too much to put that junk on. :barf: