Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Advertising (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/98263-advertising.html)

Reata 09-20-2011 10:58 PM

Advertising

I dont know if anyone has noticed, but I have and I hate it. My responses to posts and new initiated posts always have some ridiculous advertisement attached. It would be one thing if I supported the things, but Dodge? Get serious?

Anyone else seeing these?

Reata 09-20-2011 10:59 PM

Maybe it cured itself. I logged out and back in. Do you guys see them? No, not dead people, the ads?

TOYSTRY 09-20-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reata (Post 869773)
I dont know if anyone has noticed, but I have and I hate it. My responses to posts and new initiated posts always have some ridiculous advertisement attached. It would be one thing if I supported the things, but Dodge? Get serious?

Anyone else seeing these?

Yep, I see them......they are annoying. Someone has to pay for the website though so they are using advertising to pay for it I'd guess. :ak472:

Reata 09-20-2011 11:00 PM

Crap!!! There is some stupid wheel ad behind my reply. ADMINISTRATOR, PLEASE HELP......

1engineer 09-20-2011 11:00 PM

I notice that there is something there but I don't even pay enough attention to determine the content. So, yes there are ads and no, probably nobody even notices.

Reata 09-20-2011 11:02 PM

But inside my post as though I support that product? That is fricking wrong. What if it was an Ad for something really awful? Seems like a total infringement of my rights.

1engineer 09-20-2011 11:10 PM

Revenue for the site.They probably are hooked to your search history somehow. If not they are just a set of finite rotating products.

SeattleMike 09-20-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reata (Post 869783)
But inside my post as though I support that product? That is fricking wrong. What if it was an Ad for something really awful? Seems like a total infringement of my rights.

Unless you own the site on which you post... your rights are whatever the site owner allows.

Get Firefox, get the add-on Ad Blocker, and never see another one.

offroadingatc 09-21-2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleMike (Post 869820)
Unless you own the site on which you post... your rights are whatever the site owner allows.

Get Firefox, get the add-on Ad Blocker, and never see another one.

+1

This is the internet. You have no rights.

KidVermicious 09-21-2011 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offroadingatc (Post 869927)
+1

Sure he does. He has the right to stop visiting here, thus reducing the amount of money the site owner will be paid for impressions and hits.

Count me as another that is annoyed by the intrusive ads. The banners and sidebars are tolerable, the crap inserted in posts less so. I suspect I'll be spending less time on this board as a result.

MarkWalker 09-21-2011 08:43 AM

Damn entitlement mentality. :redbrick:

If it helps keep the site functioning and free for users, then I'm happy to simply ignore the ads.

philsey 09-21-2011 09:09 AM

I noticed this a few days ago. It only appears within the last post of the thread. So, reata, you'll see it in your post temporarily.

For the moment it'll appear in this post..... no biggie, don't take it personally.

1engineer 09-21-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkWalker (Post 869951)
Damn entitlement mentality. :redbrick:

If it helps keep the site functioning and free for users, then I'm happy to simply ignore the ads.

+1 right there.

Net4n6 09-21-2011 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by offroadingatc (Post 869927)
+1

Yes. He does have right.

phillyd2 09-21-2011 11:40 AM

Posted only to get the ad out of Net4n6 last post :boink: