Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 05:50 PM

kameleon is on a distinguished road

kameleon is on a distinguished road
I called my local dealer and since it was originally sold in California they could not look at what it came with from the dealer. So I called a dealer in California and they looked it up but it said nothing about my main two questions: keyless entry and immobilizer. So since it is a STRATTEC key I am thinking that it is an immobilizer like MyHigh said. My local locksmith wants $30 for the key and $70 to program it. I can get two key blanks on ebay shipped for $19 and I found the directions on google on how to program the keys. The only possible issue I have is not having the original master key. Worst case scenario I can get my brother to get one of his friends that work at a toyota dealership to program them for me. Might cost me a couple of though.
kameleon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote