Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 01:45 AM

JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future

JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future JZiggy has a brilliant future
I completed the "cargo mod" this evening:

storage compartment mod

This is an awesome way to about double the storage space in the compartment. It also offers some nice nooks and crannies for putting awkwardly sized gear into.

Panel comes off

Side note: a couple of the plastic snaps cracked during removal. Not the white replaceable clips but the molded-in snaps that are part of the whole panel. Since these things are made of polypropylene even super glue doesn't stick to it well. Loctite's plastic bonding system worked great though (it has a primer and then a glue similar to superglue).

Cavernous space revealed

I decided to use some stick on carpet and stuff it just about everywhere I could reach. This will protect the metal, prevent rattles, and quiet that area down a little.

Scraps made a fun project for the kiddo. We made lots of extra scraps so he'd have a big project to do in the back of the 4Runner while I was working.

Panel back in place.

I can now fit: first aid kid, mega-size jumper cables, 2 shackles, and a recovery with lots of room to spare.

Last edited by JZiggy; 04-17-2018 at 01:43 PM.
JZiggy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote