Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 07:35 PM

AssBurns will become famous soon enough

AssBurns will become famous soon enough
Alright guys I need some opinions. I’m desperately in need of fixing my front end now before mine and @theesotericone ’s Dusy Ershim trip in August. My budget right now is extremely tight because of all kinds of other life stuff (like gotta buy my wife a new car, just moved, starting newish career, etc) that I need to save money for. Originally my plan was to go with the Dual ARB compressor. Now I am rethinking things. Does spending over twice as much on the dual compressor make sense? I’ve learned the whole “Buy once, cry once” thing and would like to follow that great rule of thumb, but budget issues are what is holding me back from just pulling the trigger on it. Since that will basically wipe out my extra savings fund.

So a couple options I have. I’ve already done the cost breakdown including tax for everything.

1) Just do it right the first time and go with the Dual ARB. Ya know, “Buy Once, Cry Once”.
Cost $2,260.56

2) Single ARB. I don’t plan to go to larger tires than the 35’s I have now (at least not any time in the foreseeable future. Need more power if I want more tire). Do I really need a dual compressor? What is a few more minutes gonna cost me in the long run? I’m just gonna drink a beer and wait anyways, right?
Cost $1,925.67
Difference $334.89

3) Just go with the Mini ARB for now and continue doing what I have been doing for the past couple years. I’ve been either using my CO2 tank, borrowing my brothers Viair compressor or bumming air from a friend. All those options worked fine so far. So just save the money now, and upgrade later on down the line once I have an extra $600 for a Dual ARB.
Cost $1,811.56
Difference from Dual ARB $449
Difference from Single ARB $114.11

I’d like to hear your guys’ options if you were in my shoes. I’m really leaning towards options 1 or 3. I can definitely pull off option 3, but is it worth just spending the extra and getting the dual?