Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 07:54 PM

UtahRnr will become famous soon enough UtahRnr will become famous soon enough

UtahRnr will become famous soon enough UtahRnr will become famous soon enough
We've had several storms roll through in the past six days. Even though I'm in the valley, we've had plenty of the frozen water, and it shows no signs of stopping.

Got the navigation/head unit lockout features bypassed thanks to the great posts here on the forum - mostly this post by @sigepbiker

PC: @sigepbiker -- this is the same wire that I cut to override in my 2017 navi

I decided to put a switch in. At first I wasn't going to but since I had a switch lying around and the dash was apart, it was only a few extra minutes to do the soldering and stick it in there. Now I can override the lockout at will with the switch so my passenger (ahem) can use those functions on the head unit.

My amber grill lights arrived yesterday. Also ordered a Magnaflow 12256 (muffler only). It looks like several other people have installed this muffler...I see lots of threads about it. I don't mind some mild drone - my experience is most MT tires drone more than a decent exhaust... The Magnaflow wasn't on the "first mods list" but it's only $100 bucks so why not. Excited to wake up the sound on this ride a little.

There is actually a listing on Amazon for this muffler (it's the first one that comes up) with Prime shipping for $91.62. But if you pay attention - it's 3 months back-ordered. Another seller had it listed with free shipping IN STOCK for $100. It will be here this week. :ftw:

Really looking forward to getting this thing out wheeling... Just want it to warm up a little!

1985 BMW M535i Turbo
2008 Harley-Davidson Fat Bob chopped

Last edited by UtahRnr; 02-12-2019 at 09:57 PM.
UtahRnr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote