Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 11:01 AM

BCMUSA is on a distinguished road

BCMUSA is on a distinguished road
New Owner, some concerns

Hello everyone.

New to the forums and 4runners in general.

Let me tell you a quick story.

About two months ago I purchased a brand new 19 Tacoma SR5.

I had tons of vibration problems to include brake pedal, gas pedal, seats, steering wheel.

I also had the "rumble strip" vibrations when slowing. After many dealership trips later and no fix, I decided to trade it in for my 4runner.

I now have a 19 T4R TRD OR, all stock.

I am having steering wheel vibrations in this vehicle, especially at highway speeds. Barely noticeable around town. I also have a minor steering wheel wobble at highway speeds at around 60mph. After tires warm up, the wobble pretty much goes away but it does come back here and there. Vibrations persist though. Feels like I am holding hair clippers. It's a "buzz" type vibration.

I can also feel some vibrations in the brake pedal when slowing down. It's weird in the sense that it doesn't always do it, and sometimes its worse than other times.

I have lost a lot of sleep over the Tacoma, and now i'm starting to lose sleep over this one, especially after losing money on my trade.

A few questions;
Are steering wheel vibrations of any kinda normal in this vehicle? Is it something I just need to live with?

I want to do a leveling kit, front only, and I am concerned this will just make things worse. Your thoughts on this?

I am taking the vehicle in to Discount Tire for RFB today, but not too hopeful it'll completely remove the vibrations all together.

Is it crazy to think the steering wheel should have ZERO vibrations of any kind?

I have read through tons of post on this forums and others. It seems some have found fixes, and others not. From what I can tell, there are far more people that have found NO fix as opposed to ones who have actually found a fix.

I appreciate any feedback guys. Thank you
BCMUSA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote