Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 11:19 AM

hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough

hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator03 View Post
Sorry I can’t help beyond the suggestions already posted, but that thing that happened with your tailpipe happened to me as well! I was towing a trailer up to NH, and started hearing this god awful metallic sound, and swooshing noise that seemed to correspond to accelerating. Being that I was also towing a trailer, it was yet another thing to troubleshoot. Luckily it didn’t take long to realize it was coming from the tailpipe that sheared at the muffler outlet! Unfortunately, I couldn’t get it out from over the rear until I got home, so I had to bungee it in place to control the rubbing and rattling. That was what gave me the excuse to upgrade to the TRD duals, so other than the big price tag, it was a happy occurrence for me. Of course convincing my wife it was worth the extra cost over a stock replacement was a whole other thing! Not sure, if you care about the sound, but this may be a good time to consider doing a Gibson, or Magnaflow, or similar upgrade. My only advice there, is definitely spend the extra for stainless, or you’ll be doing it again in 3-4 years...
lol thanks for sharing. i know what you mean about not getting that section out while you were on the road...the mechanics were barely able to get mine out of there at the shop, but did and i threw it in back seat in case i choose to weld it back on by him down the road. i definitely thought aftermarket catback right away...but for the suv application (v6) ill consider welding it back on if its a lot less than a new catback. if its close ill get a new one!
hinmo24t is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote