Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Amazing...
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 09:28 AM
Elite Member

brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cold War Kid View Post
I'm also into watches.

Here is a page you may find interesting

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore - all prices for Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore watches on Chrono24

On a recent trip to the Philippines I bought 2 rolex and one of these watches back. They cost me around $65, each.

They are, in fact, fakes. There's no way an ordinary person can tell - even by taking the watch apart. I wondered how doing that - making fakes so good an expert is required to identify them - would be feasible, from a financial standpoint.

Late one night, in a chat box such as this, I happened upon a man who said he had been to some city in china where these fakes originate. He refused to tell me where it was, saying he was making money from having that knowledge. Said he, the real and fake watches are made in the very same place, by the very same people.

One might imagine there is not a lot of volume in the sales of $35,000 watches. An ego that big and pockets that deep don't happen that often - especially when wearing any Audemars watch is tantamount to risking your life! I don't wear my fake very often. I think of being shot in the back, to get it.

Think about this. Consider the expense of tooling up to make fake fuel injectors so good they can not be told from the real thing, then selling those in injectors for $10, each. Make sense, from a financial standpoint? Methinks not...

I think the injectors I bought came out the back door of the same factory that makes toyota parts.
Could be. Time will tell. I just don't have the time the same job 3 times.

I know on the old coins side of things, the counterfeit are worthless. So someone having a 6k coin they paid for only to find out its junk would be a major problem.

The chinese cost us billions of dollars in intellectual property alone. Let alone non genuine car parts.

However, people make the problem 10x worse by purchasing these things to save a dollar. If nobody bought the counterfeits they would quit making them.

The chinese should make their own brand that way people know what they are buying. :]

Harbor Freight did this and everyone knows its chinese goods. They didn't hide it etc. So the consumer knows what the goods are.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk
Sparks Plugs Wire and Coil Information: https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-g...on-5vz-fe.html
brillo_76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote