Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 03:30 PM
Elite Member

brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by VernySanders View Post
I just picked up my complete 5 speed swap yesterday. I inspected the flywheel and im not sure about the small stress cracks I found. Ill post a pic today at some point. I also settled on an MPact 6 puck ceramic clutch with 40% more clamping load than stock. Eveyone is saying dont go with a 6 puck, but my main usage for this will be on the dunes, and im not going to skimp on a clutch when Im on a dragstrip running through gears at high rpms in the middle of the hot afternoon in the sand. With all that being said, this clutch is $250 after shipping, this is identical in appearance all the way to the rivets with the stage 4 clutch from URD for over $500. Ill test my luck with the rock auto special.

Fingers crossed that my flywheel can be resurfaced, im not spending 400 on an oem one.. at all..

EDIT: the seller for this clutch is when i actually went to the M-Pact website. "The M-Pact ST2 Upgrade Clutch Kit uses a matched pressure plate with a high-torque heavy duty 6 pad Carbon-Ceramic clutch disc. The ST2 clutch disc is unique and offers unparalleled performance characteristics. By using a ceramic friction pad combined with carbon material the driver notices a smoother engagement than with typical ceramic puck styled discs. The carbon ceramic material also allows for less wear on the opposing surfaces which increases clutch life. For additional strength and reliability the ST2 disc uses a partial closed spring window that provides additional spring support and protection. Our sprung assembly construction helps to dampen torsion vibrations for smooth engagement and operation. The Pro Shift ST2 Clutch Kit Upgrade is designed for moderately modified cars or simply aggressive individuals with stock power. This upgrade kit offers up to 20-40% increase in torque capacity and maintains a stock pedal feel."

highlighted and bold text made me buy this kit. The only kit to claim to work well with people that just wanna drop a clutch on stock power and have it stick LOL
Ah Great. I forgot to get this photo of one for the pile.. Let me see its been sitting for a while an might be rusty. Let me see here. :-)
Sparks Plugs Wire and Coil Information: https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-g...on-5vz-fe.html
brillo_76 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote