Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 05:05 PM

sactown is on a distinguished road

sactown is on a distinguished road
Roof rack sealant

Received the new full size LFD rack, and reading their instructions to use a silicon sealant, I’m wondering what is the best type of silicon available for this application. Gets very hot here in the Cali central valley (measured my roof temp w/ an IR gun this June at about 180°) so need something that will hold up to the heat and sunlight/UV, as well as the winter cold in the Sierra.

I’ve done searches here on the subject and have found a lot of ideas, but they’re not all specific to LFD and their spacers so I wanted to solicit opinions about sealing the mounting points of the LFD rack in my climate conditions.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by sactown; 11-07-2021 at 05:57 PM.
sactown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote