Site Navigation

Thread: Fuel pump
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 11:54 PM

rwh963 has a spectacular aura about rwh963 has a spectacular aura about

rwh963 has a spectacular aura about rwh963 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgwood12 View Post
I know your post is a few months old so I am not sure what you decided to do but I am also looking to replace my fuel pump. After some research, I believe the part number and price you listed (23221-31050 for $320) is just for the Denso pump and not the entire fuel pump housing, sending unit, filter, etc. Did you order this part and if you did, can you confirm what you received?

I found part number 7702035112 which appears to be everything included for $643.80.

I am still debating on what to do but I am thinking $643 for the entire unit is way too much. I am thinking I may just replace the pump and sending unit. I thought about also doing the filter while I'm at it but there's some more info on the filter in this thread that's making me think it might be unnecessary:

Servicable Fuel Filter?

Either way, its still < $300 if I source the pump with strainer (Denso from Rock Auto), Fuel Sending Unit, Fuel Filter and a new Tank Gasket (all OEM from my local Toyota dealer).
thanks for the question. as not turns out, i did not have to replace anything. earlier, i had thoroughly cleaned the throttle body. i DID NOT DO ANY RESET AFTER THAT. apparently, there is a recommended procedure to do reset the computer. i just kept driving it. took a good while for the symptoms to disappear. btw, been running strong and smooth since.

so, you may not need to replace anything either. do the throttle body cleaning first.
rwh963 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote