Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-24-2023, 06:09 PM

RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about

RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about
I installed another custom made button panel today, this one takes place of the dimmer switch and where the diff lock switch is supposed to be.

As usual, it's made from a mirror control/button panel from another Scion tC, this time 2006. I cut off the mirror part and the fourth button as having four really didn't fit in the space.

I did this whole thing just because I wanted to be able to see the security light from outside without having to try to peer in at an awkward angle, which might be too much effort for something so small, but I wanted something to do.

The dimmer switch is from a first gen Sienna (97-02). If you're wanting to swap out your dimmer switch you'll need one from this, plus the harness. Our 4Runners use three pins, the Siennas do the same, just in a traditional Toyota button style. Instead of cutting off the connector to the old dimmer switch, I used three spade connectors inserted into the corresponding color wire connector on the plug. They use the same color wires as the 4runners do, making it easier.

During this project I realized just how much research I do into things, which will be more evident on the next post, but I scanned for about an hour trying to find a dimmer switch in the Toyota button style that was just three wires

That's about it I guess, happy with how it turned out, not the cleanest but when you're driving it's hard to really see where I cut with the dremel.

I'm hoping that the next thing I post here is the early 2000s Toyota Steering wheel swap with the steering wheel controls.
Build Thread
----------------

Last edited by RodrickHeffley; 11-09-2023 at 12:54 PM.
RodrickHeffley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote