Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-22-2023, 09:03 PM

RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about

RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedadude View Post
I have a 2000 4runner 2.7, 232k miles

About 2 weeks ago, car stalled at a red light, so after researching the threads, it led me to clean the throttle body, IAC and MAF.

I removed the TB/IAC from the engine and used TB cleaner to thoughly clean the TB and IAC. I used MAF clear to clean the MAF.

I also noticed the air intake hose was in bad shape so I replaced that too. After putting everything back together and ensured everything was tight and properly assembled, I took it for a test drive and it ran like a champ!

Couple days later, Check engine pops up, OBD reader showing code P0171. I cleared it but keeps coming back, However it drives fine. This past Tuesday I drove it 4 hours to drop it off with my daughter. no problems the whole drive up. Today she calls me telling me car keeps dying. Can't drive it more than a few minutes before it dies.

Not sure what else to do. Was the cleaning not enough? Any other parts that may be a culprit? I don't know any mechanics in central California so, trying to figure out next best step.
When I had 0171, it was the MAF, I absolutely blasted it with cleaner (until the cleaner started dripping out) and it eventually started working. However, I also had a massive vac leak that I'm sure didn't help.

I'd check your hoses, worst case you need a new MAF. Thankfully the 99+ ones are easier to find (and cheaper) than the ones for the 96-98 are
Build Thread
----------------
RodrickHeffley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote