Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: LED Headlights
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 02:34 PM

hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about

hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about
LED Headlights

If it were my vehicle I’d pick up a cheap set of used stock housings from someone who upgraded (up thru 2019 I believe all were halogens). There are many folks who upgraded to aftermarket units, so good condition used stock units are out there. Check OfferUp, Craigslist, and forums. Post a WTB here and I’m sure someone has a set in the garage.

Then I’d upgrade using quality plug in LEDs. Since you have projector lows, the right led drop in will be amazing.

I’ve used many aftermarket headlights and always found them lacking; either in performance, output, or build quality.

You don’t know me or have any reason to believe me over anyone else, but VLED’s has the best stuff. Use there vehicle finder tool to get the right bulbs.

Their high beam is designed especially for the 4Runner and offers both the DRL and high beam to be LED too, without flicker or any issue. It gives amazing light while upgrading the cosmetic appearance too.

Yes, they’re more expensive than other stuff but you get what you pay for. All plug & play too. Both low beam and DRL/high beam are available and currently on sale (I’m not affiliated).

I have a 2022 with the stock LED headlights. In these later models (like your ORP) the area that used to be the DRL/high beam is now simply an ugly halogen DRL. On your 2014 you are able to upgrade both. Believe this, the stock 2022+ led high beam is just a flap inside the projector and the high beam is nowhere near as effective as it would be in the stock older style location.

In my 2022 I unplugged the stock DRL and installed 9005 led bulbs from VLEDs, then used an aftermarket 9005 harness to switch them on/off, triggered by my stock high beam circuit. The difference is literally night & day. (see my build thread for details).

Good luck with whatever way you choose to go.

Hoppy

Edit: I was typically while you replied. I’ll leave the post as it may help someone else.

Last edited by hoppyjr; 12-04-2023 at 02:36 PM.
hoppyjr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote