Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-13-2024, 03:10 PM

RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about

RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about RodrickHeffley has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex9000 View Post
Prepping for the remote start install, still waiting for a few things from amazon. Was -50F overnight. Started up relatively fine. The overheating issue may have been a bubble as well, burped it a few times and put in some coolant rated to -50C. Pretty handy having a bunch of heavy duty mechanics at work.

Took apart the paneling for the remote install and ended up re-flowing the clock, extended the springs. The middle capacitor came right off the board when I re-flowed one side, so no wonder the clock was intermittent. Not the prettiest soldering I've done but my electronics tools are on the other side of the planet.

While taking apart the center console, I found (or tore out) what looks like an LED. There's also a small LED hole in front of my cup holders that I dont think is factory... is it?

Hopefully I get the relays in the mail today - just need to take off the driver's kick panel which I'm assuming I just yank on?

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but man are these trucks easy to work on. Love it.
That LED is not factory, glad you got your clock working though.

To get to the kick panel you take off the door sill trim on the bottom (4 Phillips) and then just pull the panel towards the seat. I can't remember if the panel has a screw where it meets the sill, but it'd be pretty obvious to find once the sill has been removed.
Build Thread
----------------
RodrickHeffley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote