Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 09:09 AM

OopsIBrokeIt will become famous soon enough

OopsIBrokeIt will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCEMSPETE View Post
Hey all,

I've got a 04 Limited V8 with 213k. It's been riding bouncier lately so I've been researching suspension replacement. I don't wish to raise the runner up and I am planning on upgrading my calipers and rotors to a Gen 5 since I'm having sticking issues.

My runner has the X-REAS suspension and I've read different things. From what I gather in can just disconnect the X-REAS lines from the suspension and replace with Bilstein 5100? Also do I need to replace the springs if they look solid?

Thanks for any info!

X-REAS isn't bad, just prohibitively expensive to repair since so many bits all have to come from the dealer and get replaced together. If you want to replace it, just unbolt everything and install new shocks.

1. Replace everything F/R simultaneously. Once you've loosened/removed one X-REAS shock the opposite corner loses pressure too, so it's all or nothing.

2. Springs are optional, though recommended. I replaced everything around 250k and discovered my 1.5" lift was more like 3" over the current ride height. Turns out my factory springs were so worn that they were sagging several inches from where they were supposed to be.

3. Don't forget new top hats with the new shock, as well as inspecting the various bushings and ball joints. Replacing suspension components is cheapest when you already have things unbolted & need an alignment anyway.
OopsIBrokeIt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote