Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 10:35 AM

ARK_SWAMP_RIDER will become famous soon enough ARK_SWAMP_RIDER will become famous soon enough

ARK_SWAMP_RIDER will become famous soon enough ARK_SWAMP_RIDER will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4R4Me View Post
gaterose and ARK, thanks for your input, your comments have been added to the initial post.

ARK - are you sure about the average lift numbers? Before doing the lift I was under the impression that 1'' front .75'' rear was the general consensus? It was almost exactly what I got, too.
I've not written down the numbers and averaged them, so no not 100% sure. That's just the best I can remember what most have gotten. Some have gotten the amounts you listed, but from what I remember 1/2" front is more common on v8 4runners. On 2wds (v8 or v6) and v6 4x4 1" is about right for the average I'd say. I do think all models get about 1/4" from the rear, but I have seen some get 3/4". This difference is what makes it so difficult to suggest an exact setup, there are way too many factors to consider when swapping out the springs. Mainly, all of our 4runners have sagged different amounts on the stock suspension, same for all the FJ's. So, the lift gained depends on how much use your stock springs have and also how much use the FJ springs you have sagged.

I'd prefer to state lift gained as a range between the numbers I posted and the numbers you posted, as that's much more accurate than saying one specific number.

I've wanted to compile a spreadsheet with members names, setups, and lift gained for reference, but I've not had the time lately.

Also, don't forget to check your local craigslist for the FJ shocks/coils, I've seen some good deals there from time to time.

2016 Trail Premium - Bilstein 5100 | Airlift 1000 | 285/70/17 Cooper AT3 4S | XenonDepot HID | RAV4 Blindspot Mirrors | Kicker Subaru Tweeter Upgrade | Lock'er Down Console Safe | Sprint Booster
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote