Recent content by AZ gal

  1. A

    2016 Taco

    Wdh Any idea whether you can use a WDH on the 2016 taco? I can't find anywhere on the Toyota site where it is addressed but I've read that on many of the newer model 4 runners/Tacomas the factory recommends against them. Thanks.
  2. A

    2016 Tacoma V6 Specs: 270hp/261lb-ft

    I noticed the Tacoma is lighter that the 4runner. I can see that that might help with the GVCW but is a lighter vehicle pulling a heavier trailer more of a liablility in terms of safety? Or does the longer wheelbase of the Tacoma compensate for that? Thanks for your input.
  3. A

    Towing

    Maybe I missed it but I don't see a thread or forum on this site dedicated to towing. I understand the basics--how to interpret tow vehicle ratings, tongue weights and combined weight but need some advice on other towing related topics. Like is there a rule of thumb for calculating minimum tow...
  4. A

    towing with 2011 4 runner 4wd sr5

    Just so I understand what is your concern with the Tacoma? With the manufacturer's towing package it is rated for 6500 lbs and I'd be towing less than 80% of that which is what most people recommend as safe. Ditto on the tongue weight. And the truck will be well under its payload with 2...
  5. A

    2016 Tacoma V6 Specs: 270hp/261lb-ft

    How does this compare to the 5th gen 4runner's engine? I am considering trading my 2011 4wd sr5 for 2016 Tacoma 4wd with towing package so I can tow a 23' trailer weighing 4600 lb. loaded. Stats: my 4 runner has a 109" wheelbase and tows 5000 lb with 500 lb tongue weight; the Tacoma has a 127"...
  6. A

    towing with 2011 4 runner 4wd sr5

    Not sure what you mean by "there is no towing package for the 4 runner." I have the print out for my VIN # and it lists tranny cooler, heavy duty alternator, heavy duty battery, heavy duty suspension, and front and rear stabilizer bars and skid plates. I will take this trailer out 4 or 5...
  7. A

    towing with 2011 4 runner 4wd sr5

    I have a 2010 Casita Freedom. It is well made and easy to tow--been cross country every year from Az to Maine. Now I plan to stick closer to Az and spend more time in the trailer I want something with more room. I highly recommend it if the size works for you.
  8. A

    2015 or 2016 Tacoma

    Looking for a small truck to pull a trailer 4600 lb. loaded, 330 dry tongue weight 24' long. Tacoma specs seem OK at 6500 lb towing capacity and 650 tongue weight with towing package. Also I need on demand 4wd. Does it have enough power? Is the 127 " wheelbase long enough?
  9. A

    towing with 2011 4 runner 4wd sr5

    My 4 runner has the tow package (tranny cooler, heavy duty alternator, battery, suspension). According to the manual it is rated to tow a maximum of 5000 lbs with a 500 lb maximum tongue weight. I've been towing a 17' Casita, under 3500 lb. loaded, for years with no problem. Now I'd like to...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,580
Members
248,077
Latest member
D'Angelo
Back
Top