Recent content by CO98SR5

  1. C

    Graciously Looking For Feedback On Upcoming Maintenance (what am I forgetting)

    Great point. Your list + what others have suggested, looks solid to me based on efficiency and need!
  2. C

    Graciously Looking For Feedback On Upcoming Maintenance (what am I forgetting)

    I'm new to the 4th Gen world having just picked up an '05 V8 Limited, coming from a '98 SR5 that had 315k miles when I sold it. I know the lower ball joint orientation was reversed from the 3rd Gens to the 4th Gens, eliminating the catastrophic failures that lifted 3rd Gens would see when the...
  3. C

    How much did you pay for your 3rd gen?

    $7,250 in March of 2007 w/ 145k miles. Now at 307k. Best money I ever spent!
  4. C

    highest mileage???

    1998 with 303K. Feeling pretty good about now that I saw potomacduck with 402K! My goal is now another 100K!
  5. C

    Stuck at Fed Ex Parking Lot - Key doesn't work

    Spraying little graphite powder in the lock has helped me out with tumblers on the way out until I could get them replaced.
  6. C

    ABS light on

    My ABS light came on after changing out my right rear axle seal. I guessed that I damaged the wheel speed sensor during the process when I pulled it from the axle housing. Following this video confirmed the diagnosis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZLpQZf2oWk
  7. C

    Root cause of majority of engine failures?

    I'm talking when it's close to freezing or below. I had a '97 Mustang Cobra when I was 20 that developed cracked piston skirts from starting up cold and romping away. I wasn't so aware back then... But living in the mountains in CO without a garage, my Runner would see plenty of winter mornings...
  8. C

    Root cause of majority of engine failures?

    Warm it up before driving in cold temps.
  9. C

    Your favorite tools for wrenching / tech tools for special applications

    Those thread files that are in the Craftsman kit have saved my bacon more than once!
  10. C

    Your favorite tools for wrenching / tech tools for special applications

    +1 on the Schley 97300 tensioner compressor, 18v cordless Impact, PB Blaster and Nitrile gloves. I picked up an IR 109xpa Air Ratchet which has been probably my favorite. The 90 degree head has been super helpful, especially in tight spaces where I can't fit in the cordless impact.
  11. C

    TB with 160k?

    When I changed my TB and Water Pump 2 summers ago, I estimated that they had gone at least 140k based on PO's known maintenance. I know I pushed the envelope too far and am glad I did it when I did. It was definitely time as the belt was cracking. So yes, I wouldn't be surprised to see a belt go...
  12. C

    How many miles on your 4runner?

    299,000 '98 sr5 3.4l 4wd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,578
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives
Back
Top