Recent content by JakeV

  1. J

    [Denver] FS 2000 Jade 3rd Gen SR5,145k miles

    $6500 would do it, which is still less than I bought it for before the upgrades.
  2. J

    [Denver] FS 2000 Jade 3rd Gen SR5,145k miles

    Here are the basics: 2000 SR5, Jade Green, 145k miles, stock suspension, open diffs New in the past 9 months: Radiator Thermostat Lower Control Arms Injector O-Rings Rear Diff (Refurbished) Front Camber/Caster Set Radio with Bluetooth Air Conditioner Core and Recharge Rear Brake Adjustment...
  3. J

    Who else wheels this hard in open diffs?

    Do all of your wheeling on private property then?
  4. J

    How much did you pay for your 3rd gen?

    I think I may have overpaid, but I'm also in Colorado, which is apparently the land of the expensive 3rd Gen. $6,700 for a 2000 SR5, open diffs, 140k miles, recent timing belt/water pump, a little surface rust on the frame but nothing major. But after a couple months of living with it I started...
  5. J

    Big Climb - Worry about Trans Temp?

    I've been keeping an eye on my trans temps with Torque Pro. I have a new radiator, but no external trans cooler. Driving around town temps are fine, but I live in Denver and occasionally drive up over Loveland Pass, which means a climb from 5200 feet to 10,000 feet at freeway speeds (60+), and...
  6. J

    What do you put in your roof rack?

    Bikes and kayaks and skis. Racks are for toys.
  7. J

    3rd Gen Stock 16" Wheels and Tires Denver CO

    Stock tires off a 3rd gen 4Runner (2000 SR5). Along with Bridgestone Dueler H/T tires, size 265/70R 16. I'm not sure how many miles are on the tires, but they certainly still have some life left; take a look at the "penny" photo for details/scale. $100 for everything.
  8. J

    Factory Skid Plate - Cosmetic or Protective?

    My 2000 SR5 no longer has its factory skid plate. Is it worth replacing with one from a scrapyard, or are they thin enough to be merely cosmetic? In that case, if/when I replace it, it would be with an aftermarket plate.
  9. J

    OEM skid plate. Where can I find one?

    Whelp, realized the new-to-me SR5 is missing a front skid plate. Fair to say that the OEM plate is cosmetic only, and if I decide to get a front skid, I should go aftermarket?
  10. J

    Guide: Radiator and Thermostat Replacement for Noobs

    Yeah, that seems like the answer. Don't want to rip everything apart a little ways down the road to replace a $20 part.
  11. J

    Plasti-Dip Angry Eyes? Opinions?

    It has a certain.... look.
  12. J

    Guide: Radiator and Thermostat Replacement for Noobs

    I have a new-to-me 2000 with 140k on it. Radiator isn't original, but it has a poorly-patched hole near the bottom, so it's time for a new one. Think it's worth replacing the thermostat, or don't worry about it since it was likely replaced with the radiator first time around?
  13. J

    Another Tire Question - Service or New Rims?

    We have Blizzaks on our other small SUV, so it seems overkill to run 2 sets on the Runner as well. As for "winter rated" or "snow rated" AT tires, that's the only category I'm looking at right now. I haven't found another shop besides Schwab that can balance the stock rims that's anywhere near...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,384
Messages
3,554,584
Members
248,078
Latest member
Talyn
Back
Top