Recent content by jonnyd42

  1. J

    Dealer can't flash ECM with new key

    That's what I figured & that's what I hope..
  2. J

    Dealer can't flash ECM with new key

    I have a 2000 4runner limited. My key is so worn out that it can't turn the ignition cylinder. I have one spare key that works (original), and I got 2x new ones cut but they need to be programmed. The new cut ones turn the cylinder perfectly but the car obviously won't start (starter turns)...
  3. J

    ridies.com Leather Replacement Seat Covers

    How did these ridies covers hold up after a year of usage? Thinking about them as well
  4. J

    A340F pops when shifting into 1st going up hill

    I replaced my radiator with a new OEM one, but don't have an external cooler. I do have an OBDII reader that can read out the trans temp. It never goes above 200, even under load. Typically 180-200 F range.
  5. J

    A340F pops when shifting into 1st going up hill

    2000 4runner limited with 180k miles. I've done a drain & fill every 30k miles on it. Fluid has always come out nice and red, never burned. Never milkshaked. I work in the hills of rural WA and have been taking the 4runner into work more and more recently. It has started behaving weirdly when...
  6. J

    Snap ring setting for 5100 + 880/906 coils

    I bought the set from srq, under the impression I'll be able to get a minor lift while also correcting the sag. Hoping for about 1-1.5" in the front and 2-2.5" in the rear. From reading other threads looks like folks are setting the ring to the lowest setting, but with varied results. Just...
  7. J

    A340F noticeable 1-2 shift

    So I just got a 2000 limited 4x4 with 155k miles. Did a fluid drain & fill. Old fluid wasn't burned and was in good shape. Car has the proper service history. I recently adjusted the cable on the throttle body to improve gas pedal response, and made the mistake of over tightening the wrong...
  8. J

    What size is our steering wheel?

    lolol was laying in bed and praying I could do it the lazy way by waking up to a response and ordering off amazon :)
  9. J

    What size is our steering wheel?

    I have a 2000 limited. Does anyone know what size the steering wheel is? I wanted to order a leather cover for it.
  10. J

    Will these wheels (PT946-35200-02) fit?

    I know nothing about wheels and have always run stock 16s w 265/75 tires on past 3rd gens. Looks like these are 16x7, 13mm offset, 6x139.7mm bolt pattern.
  11. J

    Just got my first 3rd gen!!!

    Ahhh I meant the ugly brush guard on the front haha
  12. J

    Just got my first 3rd gen!!!

    13, but literally just had the timing belt + water pump and tensioners done. To be honest, my current car is getting tired and I've driven it from 2003 until now...so it was either going to be a ~45k TRD off road 5th gen or a 3rd gen + a cheap electric car. Went with the latter option haha
  13. J

    Just got my first 3rd gen!!!

    Hahaha yeah! I live in Colorado (used to be CA), and even out here the rust isn't bad compared to the East Coast. However, I wanted to make sure I bought a "perfect" one since I think I'm neurotic. I'd always be thinking about it. lol I wonder how much I could sell the guard for...
  14. J

    Imogene & Black Bear (colorado) in a stock 3rd gen?

    I have a 2000 limited running Geolandar AT G015 265/75/16s. It has no lift & just the factory metal skid plates. It has an e-locker and currently still has factory running boards on. My buddy just did this with no problems in a stock 100 series land cruiser, and another friend did it with zero...
  15. J

    Just got my first 3rd gen!!!

    I just grabbed my dream T4R and I'm so excited! I spent so long (many months) looking for one that's rust-free, well taken care of, and the specific config I wanted (2000 limited w/ diff locker). Here are the specs: 2000 Limited in silver CA car, no rust, no accidents, regular maintenance...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,562
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva
Back
Top